Thursday 26 August 2010

It Just Goes To Show!

Hi Blog lovers,

I don't know how I am going to explain my run today to Naggy Neighbour, or Nagging Sister for that matter, but thank goodness Nagging sister has stopped looking at my blogs until next years race for life!

But still, its going to be hard getting the telling off from Naggy neighbour. I jogged my usual route today, after having an inactive day yesterday, apart from running around after my offspring that is. I know it should be my cycle day, but its raining again, and I'm not confident about riding in the rain just yet, and besides which, I am still running around after my little darlings!

Anyway, I know I am delaying the inevitable. Actually writing down about my jog today. What can I say! I was by myself! I am my own worst enemy! In fact its just as well Vic.2 wasn't here today, because me and her together, we would have probably stopped off at the pub!

Right, now here it is. I know I can run the whole route, I did it on Monday, in the same time that I usually do when I am walking and jogging (which really annoyed me actually) so today I thought I would pick up the pace a bit, see if I can run a little faster all the way round.

Well I think I picked it up a little too much because I couldn't quite make it all the way round. In fact I stopped several times on the way round. Ok, so I didn't walk for 2 minutes each time, it was more like 30 or 40 seconds, but I was walking none the less. I was so angry with myself, but the more I tried to push my self round, the harder I found it.

I did look at my stopwatch when I got to Greenway, and to my amazement I was quicker, but that was no consolation to me, I haven't done it non stop! Maybe I should have a cameraman run after me to show you all how I tell myself off, then Naggy Neighbour wont' be too hard on me! I was telling myself I was lazy and to get on and jog!

I did jog up Magpiehill Lane, only after I did a compromis with myself! I said "Ok, the next car that comes past me I will jog after it" and just as I said that a car came and I had to jog. It was hard work, I had only just got on the hill too.

I kept on going though, choosing a lamppost to reach, or driveway to head for, just as Naggy had said, but I still stopped a couple of times on the return on Southborough Lane. Then the slight hill leading to the the last long road to my road was almost breaking point for me. I am afraid it brought tears prickling my eyes again, as negative thoughts crept in, "I can't do it, its too much, burnt out" And this may sound really really weird, but I did slap my self. If any body had been looking at my at that point they probably would have thought I was listening to some side slapping country song, Yeeeee Haaaaa!!

All the way home now, non stop, I had to do it, I have done it, I did it Monday, why why why can't I do it today?!! Turning my corner, is there anything left for a little bit extra, go on see, pick the pace up. Well I did slightly, then came my path, RIGHT, NOW LEG IT OLD GIRL YOU LAZY LAZY MARE I picked up my pace, and just ran, that familiar tingling through my legs making me want to run faster and faster. Now, Stop the clock!

40.48 minutes! I believe that is my Personal best for this route! Ok, I didn't run it completely, but I knocked loads off my time. It just goes to show, that I can get my fat ass round this route quicker, 42 minutes is not my pace, I can go faster.

So all I need to do now, is to do both things together! Run faster and run non stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment