Sunday 29 August 2010

Q

Hi blogees

Well its not raining! That makes a change. I managed to get my ass out of the bed this morning and pull over my jog pants before I even though about having a cuppa, so that was good. I must have been dreaming about going for a run this morning! Well.....think about it, who else would look for jog pants before a cuppa, eh?!

A quick stretch, a few bend overs, and 'try to put leg up' on the work top and out the door.

What the heck was I thinking, all I knew is that I was running! Why?.... You're guess is as good as mine. Give me a Saturday night out with the girls anytime! but here I was, 8:44 in the morning, jogging,

Already I'm thinking, "Ok, just do a short run then, no one ever reads this, its only you, and only you know how your feel" That is what is going through my mind. I really wasn't in the mood for jogging, even though I literally just got out of my pit and nothing else was on my mind at that particular minute. Still I got into the zone. Those first two minutes, get my breathing right and then, start to question which route I will take.

Did that help? All the questioning? Oh yes! I was still in mind to dart down the first turning and do a quick 500m run! But even my psyche wouldn't let that happen. "Just go, Old Girl, don't force yourself, just go with the flow" That was my 'get fit quick' attitude today.

I had sync-ed (is that a word?) my IPOD with the old mans play list and thought that would just keep me occupied today, well my in mind.......ok my one brain cell I have left, anything out of the ordinary going on to keep me on track to gert this over and done with is good. When does the happy, feel good thingy kick in before each run start? I am so looking forward to it.

So first two minutes done I have the whole breathing thing fairly in check and yet......I'm still feeling as if I want to do a short run. The weather is nice and cool, its not raining in fact its probably the ideal running conditions, yet........still........such a blooming struggle. I am running by myself, no doubt Naggy neighbour is doing some super douper 10 miler somewhere, so I have to be particular hard on myself.

I thought I did pretty well, I got well beyond the first mile, probably 1.5 miles before I was even arguing with myself to maybe slow down to walking pace. I was well impressed with my self for ignoring me! But unfortunately not for too long. I did stop jogging and walked for about 20 seconds before I gave myself a kick up the backside and startde running again! After all, I am not planning on beating my latest time for this route (although..........!!!!)

On to Greenway now, and ........arghhh.......couch spud features took over again! I walked! I was so angry and annoyed, but I just started jogging again after about 20 seconds.

I was determined to run up that darn hill though. Nothing and nobody was going to stop me. I turned the corner, and..........my mind just switched off.........I no longer saw a hill, I really didn't! Even when I looked up, it was just a pavement, a very nice pavement! I just ran up it, I ran and ran and I didn't really notice it! Have I turned a corner, do I need to find bigger challenges, maybe even run up Starts Hill?........Yeah!!! One day! But this hill today, seemed like nothing. I ran up it, Ok by the time I got to the crest I really felt it and walked (again) for 20 seconds, but hey........ I flipping ran it.

From there on end I think I stopped another 2 times to walk for 20 seconds each time, even up the very last hill, just before the long road down to my road. I was smiling by the time I got there, I was pleased I haven't looked at the stopwatch yet, I don't want to, it doesn't matter (I think!) I have done a good run for this route, by myself, I am pleased with it, stuff the time,..........let it play on my mind........I'm not bothered by it!!! .........Its no good. As much as I tried to convince my self that the time don't matter, the more I bothered me. I looked at the stopwatch. 38 minutes and something! Blimey! If I put a speed on here, I could beat my personal best! So that's what I did!

The speed when on, I picked up the pace, about 500 meters from my house, a very do-able 'beating the PB' time. "Run, Old Girl, Run like the wind" I could do it, my legs hurting, my face smiling, the seconds ticking away in my mind, I could do this, I turn down my road, speed a little bit more, that's it, now, on my path, run, run, run, run! Can I run any faster? I want to do it, I want to beat my time, I want to know that I can do it!

40:41 minutes! Sh................... Blast! Not quite my personal best! But faster that I thought I would do when I first set out this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment