Tuesday 17 August 2010

A Long Weekend!

Hi blog lovers.

Yes it was a long weekend and I was suffering from it and a cold. I know, dont all look at me like that, its my struggle, my blog, my excuses, my reason, and no doubt my tellings from all of you.(and I know I keep making you all read it because I post it all over face book!)

But it was true, I wasn't up for a run at all yesterday, my muscles ached from my head to toes, I'm not sure if it was effects from the weekends very lovely family barbecue or it the cold was on its way out of my body! But even Naggy Neighbour said not to run if I wasn't up to it, so I didn't. I even walked to my friends house to feed cats, rather than run or cycled.

Today I am feeling a lot lot better, my muscles still ache slightly, it feels like I have done a huge run and my muscles are just complaining, so I thought I would test the water today and run to feed the cats.

As soon as I was out the door and running my muscles tensed up and started complaining like mad, but I just ran through it, thinking that's its not even a mile I have to run before I stop and feed the cats, and maybe water the plants if they look thirsty. So a good few minutes rest.

So on I ran. Just focusing on getting to the house, not looking at times on clocks or how fast I was pacing myself, this is just a get back out there and start again run, before lazyitus starts to kick in.

I am so glad I did. It hurt like anything getting there, and on the way back, after doing my bit for the cats, it still hurt, and cramp even threatened to make me walk!

I got back feeling happy that I ran today, stopping lazyitus spread, clearing out booze toxins from my system, well until next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment