Saturday 6 October 2018

Post Holiday Homework Run!

Hello blog readers.

Wednesday was the day that I returned from my holiday in Rhodes.  A beautiful place, fantastic hotel, lovely staff and an enormous amount of food to eat!  Not to mention the occasional beer, wine and cocktails!  As you can imagine I was a tad stuffed by the time a came back!  We also landed in the early hours of the morning, getting home by about 4 o'clock in the morning!  So, with that in mind you will forgive (hopefully) my slight mistakes as I took Pat through her paces Wednesday evening!

Pat had messaged me that if I was about on Wednesday evening then maybe I could put them all through their paces.  As it happened it was only Pat the could make the homework at 5 that night.  So it was going to be a rare 1 to 1 leading session.  I love these, she says with a wicked giggle and rapid eyebrow movements!

Just because there were only two of us didn't mean that we would fore go the delightful pre-walk and drills!  We have to keep up standards!  And besides, we were waiting for our friend to turn up as well, she walks around the green while running homework takes place!  Then it was time to do the running.  It was three minutes of running and three minutes of walking.  The same amount of each. After the next session the running sections will be longer than the walking!  Now, you know when you get chatting, you're having a great time, listening, chatting, laughing, catching up? Well that was how it was when we were doing the first rep, just chatting and chatting!  Pat then asked me how long there was left, I checked my garmin it said that we had 1.20 minutes left.  Pat couldn't believe it, but I checked it and there it was! But then when I re-checked it, I realised that we actually had just under a minute left of the WALKING section left!  I chose not to share that with her at that precise moment, I thought I would wait until we finished the running. 

Well when I told her that we had just ran for 6 minutes, I don't think she could quite believe it! "No!" she said.  "...um, yeah, soz.....but I was chatting"  I think she was secretly impressed with herself for that!  Anyway, after that I made sure that I kept an eye on my watch, but then I couldn't quite figure out the figures, for when we had completed what I thought was four runs, which included that double in the beginning, I said "just one more to do"  For some reason Pat was unsure, but, I did the maths, and we should have been running for 30 minutes, right!  Well, actually I was wrong, so we ended up doing 6 reps!  It's all good! Right!?

We finished with our usual stretches which our friend Janet joined in with.  Even though she is not running along with us, she is out walking and talking to all the dog walkers that she meets.  And it's good that she goes along with the others to 'oversee' the homework.  She says "It's an extra walk that she wouldn't have done before"  All forms of exercise is good!

So the geeky stats for this run, as you can see definitely 18 minutes of running!  That's just brilliant!





No comments:

Post a Comment