Saturday 6 October 2018

Beginners Week 4

Hello blog readers.

Today was week 4 for our Autumn beginners course.  We still have quite a full company of runners!  It's amazing, I just love it.  I am sure I have said that before!  But I really do.  Just watching them as they start to realise they are running!  Pat, if you have read my previous blog, was walking today, I think I may have broke her on Wednesday!  Aches and pains do happen, aches are usually the good ones, it's just muscles complaining about what you are asking them to do! Because you have never asked it of them before now of course you will ache a bit.  But doing the warm ups and the cool down stretches will limit a lot of that, which is why it is important to always do those.

Pains are different, it's a warning, you should deffo listen to warnings. I am no in the school or 'no pain, no gain'!  I don't like it!  If there is pain you should stop, rest up, then begin again.  So having said all of that, I am sure I haven't frighten you all! 

Watching and talking to some of the beginners today was very inspiring.  When the whistle blew the the reactions and comments where sheer pleasure!  Pleasure because it was finished and pleasure because that actually did it!  I know there are some there that doubted they could run for even that first minute, yet they did it it, five times!  Today, they ran for 4 minutes, well, the last rep was for 5 minutes, and a few extra seconds!  But that was the best reactions from the runners, "We did it" "I did it" All said with a huge smile and almost a fist punch in the air!  Seriously, just fantastic to see their faces when the realise they can achieve their goals! 

The hardest part of runner is putting on your running shoes!  That's what I said to them in the beginning, and it really is.  When you look outside your window and see that it's not the brightest of days, or if there is rain about, it's so easy to roll over and think "I'll go when it's brighter or stopped raining"  I have so enjoyed running around the green with our beginners twice a year, because twice a year I get inspired by them. It does me a power of good!  What a great running club I belong to!

We did some good running today, we have faster runners and slower runners, and all those in between.  I do get to chat to some of the faster runners, I have to run in the opposite direction to them though and start my conversations with them from about ten feet away!  But that's why it's brilliant to have all the other PWR's that come along to help out.  See what I mean about being a great club! The faster runners come along and encourage and help out!  I think most of them were also exactly where our beginners are now! 

I hope I have 'bigged' up my running club enough, oh and one more thing, we put on an awesome show once a year too.  One of the best 10k's for this time of the year!  It gets voted every year and we are always in the top ten list!  Why not come and join in, tomorrow, on the 7th October 2018, in the rec!  The race begins at 10:30, there are no on the day entries, but there is still lots of fun while watching the beginning and then watching them come in again!

See you all in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment