Monday 29 October 2018

Beginners Week 7 - They're coming!

Hello blog readers.
They're here!

On Saturday our beginners met up in the rec.  I think it must have been the coldest morning so far!  It didn't stop all of our beginners from getting up early to meet their running buddies in the rec.  I was looking forward to it too, I just love doing this!
Waling warm up

The session was running for 8 minutes and walking for 2 minutes.  I knew they could do it.  I think most of them have been doing homework at least twice a week too.  We have a very dedicated group this time, with only just a few people dropped out.

I took them through their drills and walks and then the running.  I just flipping love it!  I try to talk to most people, from the slower runners to the faster runners.  I have a technique for chatting to the the faster runners, I run in the opposite direction from the group and start a conversation with the faster runners before we meet and then make sure it's finished just as they get to far away from me!  Simples!

Only another two weeks to go before the parkrun graduation, which means that next Saturday we are out on the streets of Petts Wood!  I must make sure that I am as fit as I can get by then (I know, how is that going to happen?) That cheeky little hill is always a great challenge!  I can't wait!  I am sure that this group will embrace the challenge and will come to love (or appreciate) hills.  I am still waiting on the 'love of hills' to kick in!
Not Long now


Lou took some brill pictures and I took  one or two as well.  And SnapperHannah, well she did that first picture!
Athletes will soon be here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment