Thursday 25 October 2018

Hunting The Mojo At The Track

Hello readers.

I am on the case, the case that is my elusive mojo.  It appears when I am leading group 1 and on Saturday mornings when I am with the beginners.  I am hoping Mojo is at the track, with PhysioMiketheMod or Jane.  I know it's around, I just got to find it and keep it!

SnapperHannah had asked me about track and if it was for just the fast runners!  Well, she had it half right. The 'runners' bit was totally spot on!  Track with PMtM and Jane is for all runners, all us at PWR are runners!  So we made a plan, I would pick up SnapperHannah just in case 'mojo' was no where to be seen (like last week).  I drove along to pick her up and went to the track with a very happy smiley Hannah.  I feel sure she will be smiling after the session too!

Thankfully tonights session included a whistle, no counting up the seconds, no trying to guess how many laps I had done (apparently that's next week!) There were a few missing people that usually do track but they were not here.......there's a small matter of the Dublin Marathon which a few of our members are doing or going to support! It does mean that there is a lot more chance of getting noticed! Hmmm, lack of mojo I was hoping the newbie Tracksters would get noticed more! 

The session was to the whistle, it was run for 90 sec, the rest for 90 sec, run for 90 sec, rest for 60, run for 90 sec, rest for 30, run for 90 sec rest for 15 sec, then run for 90 sec. We had another 90 sec rest and the we did the whole thing again!  Sounds good doesn't it! But first we had the warm up to do.  All the faster runners were to run nice and east for 10 minutes, me and the 27+  parkrunners would be doing some other stuff with Jane!  Drills, high knees and all sorts of other stuff, for our ten minutes of warm up.

We all joined together again at the start line, ready to do this 'what looks easy on paper' session.  Well to me it really does look easy on paper.  I mean running for 90 seconds, 90 seconds that 1.30 minutes.  And all we have to do is do that 5 times......the running for 90 minutes that is.  I always tell myself that it looks easy on paper, but of course there is the little matter of pushing out a little bit harder than you would be doing a parkrun!  On each of the 90 sec runs, what with that and the diminishing rest time it really isn't that easy! Shhhh, don't tell mojo!

The first 90 sec run I of course ran out to hard and fast!  I know, I know....those two words do not generally go to describing me and my running.....but there you go!  But I did, I took a look at my Garmin and I am pretty sure the first number in the pace window was an 8!! No, no, no, way to fast.  I slowed down to just over my parkrun pace and watched for the rest of the 90 seconds everybody else just disappear in front of me!  Including SnapperHannah and the other two newbie, Jane and Paula.  I think I managed to capture Paula here with Hannah in black.


The first half of the session seemed to go by pretty quickly, with me just concentrating on my pace, not to fast (he he he, it seems funny to be saying that about myself) but not too slow either.  I had to keep it above my parkrun though. By the end of the first half I was looking forward to the longer rest before we do it all again.

I believe I kept my pace above my usual plodding along on the first part, now was the harder part, repeating it all.  This is where I start talking to myself again. "Come on you lazy bloody mare"  and I even think I added a "That'll teach ya for eating/drinking/smoking"  I am feeling the effects, but I was determined to try and keep up the 'faster than usual' pace.  It is so easy to slip back into the old ways, but I am so blimmin grateful that I have PWR.  I feel sure that if I was just a lone runner then.....well.....then there wouldn't be hundreds of blogs so far!  I would have given up in 2010!  I will get back my fitness, I will!  Mojo please stay around!

The second set of the session was nearly over, I was really feeling it, the hard work that I had put in.  I had to nag myself to keep on going.  I wanted to stop running but I didn't, I wanted to quit but I didn't, I wanted to walk on the running sections but I didn't!  It was tough but I did it!

It would still be good if I had my mojo though, I could do some solo running with my lovely ear phones!

Anyway, here's some snaps we took at the track, WE DID IT HANNAH 

Me and Hannah just after it's all done

An action shot....it had to be done

This is Hannah, my photographic skills
are not brilliant!
But I did get a rather smiley Hannah!

And of course geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment