Saturday 11 August 2018

Parkrun Day! - Chocolate!

Hello blog readers.
Chocolate!

You gotta love parkrun day, and today was perfect conditions!  It was at least 10 degrees cooler than it was last week, do you think that is our summer done with?  Anyway, I didn't need to bring my water with me.  I collected NaggyNeighbour, we decided to take the car, with me driving.  Naggys dog, Chocolate crossed over the rainbow bridge on Wednesday, we are all very sad!  So, this run, this blog is dedicated to Chocolate!  It was Caroles idea, she dedicated her run to Chocolate, so I am dedicated this to Chocolate, a wonderful soppy, friendly, uncomplaining pooch.  We shall all miss you Choky wocky!


We me up with all our running buddies, J.J., LittleJ, K, Carole and RefMichael, Auriol and Nigel (who seemed to have collected a buggy with two nippers in) SnapperHannah (she loves snapping off pictures) and Tracy. I just wished I was feeling a a bit better than I was.  I went out with the Old Boy last night, we went for a curry and a pint or two.  Nothing out of the ordinary, it's not anything new.  But this time I just seemed to be suffering a little bit.  Cramps in my tummy and........well......gas!  Maybe I am not cut out for curries anymore.  So running around parkrun today was a bit difficult....and I made sure I was not around too many people! 

I played cat and mouse with this parkrunner, she overtook me then I overtook her, we kept it going all the way around virtually.  I was really feeling sluggish! I did as best as I could, I know I could have done better, I know it!  But with the bloatyness of my belly and just wasn't 'feeling' it.  I could see Auriol ahead of me, she was run/walking around todays parkrun too, but I just couldn't catch her up.  SnapperHannah was ahead of her!  She is really doing well!  I didn't see any of the others, mind you, I was spotted, there were several 'Hello Old Girl' from our Petts Wood Runners!  And Naggy saw me when I had got to the end of the little river to do the 'U' turn back around.   I looked behind me but I couldn't see any of my other pals.  I knew that some of them were walking.

My cat and mouse partner was behind me again, and as we were at the top of the park, near the start line, I decided I needed to keep her there now, I just kept on running as best as a I could, feeling the way I was!  With just the last little bit too do I heard my pals calling me, "Come on Old Girl, keep going, pick it up, get those legs up!"  Just then my cat and mouse partner flew pass me, I mean she was like jet propelled!  I almost was spinning in her wake!  Stunned I tried to pick up the pace, there was no way I was going to beat her.  Just then I heard some other footsteps closing in on me "Oh no you don't" I thought and I tried to pick it up a little bit more.  Then a young girl ran in front of me, with another young dude behind me!  I just had to stay ahead just a little bit more!  I managed to keep him behind me as we went through the finish funnel!  Although I don't think he quite understands the funnel protocol of 'stay in place, don't push in front, because he kept running pass me through  the funnel and even one other person in front!  Oh well, it's just as well it's parkrun, a great friendly non competitive run for all!

Geeky stats and some more pictures of Chocs!



Just Chillin

Chocs with her boys!

What? What?

We shall miss you chocci!!

No comments:

Post a Comment