Tuesday 7 August 2018

Club Run - Blindly Follow!

Hello blog readers.

The evening was still so very warm but there was also a little bit of rain!  I think it must have been too hot because there was just not enough rain to cool us down. It had more or less stopped by the time I got to J.J.'s house, and just as well, she was all set to get back out of her running gear and chill. "I don't think so J.J., get your shoes on, we're going running"  Feck knows where that assertion come from but J.J. duly got her shoes on and came running!

I was leading this evening, and I wanted to take them on the route that I have been desperately trying to remember for months now.  Its the mob mate route, I have done it three times so far.  Twice with me trying to find my way around and getting lost, and once with Paula, last Thursday, she remembered the route with no problems.  The last time I did this route was only yesterday, and I got lost!

But I was confident, I had made all the mental notes in my head, I know usually my head leaks out information faster than a water through a colander!  I gave my little speech about pace and distance and I also threw out a disclaimer "I may very get lost!" Just in case,  people wanted to try the 'move up week' move to group 2.  Illustriousleader was taking group 2, I think I heard mention of hills!  It's what brought Claudia over to my group! 

So all ready with the fantastic seven, we started our run.  We passed by the walking crew as we went in through Dog Poo ally.  I know the route very well till we get into the middle of Jubilee Park.  I am quite confident in that!  My group kept on following me, no one really can recall the route from when they did it last years mob match or this years, so it really was down to me.  So then I start to recall my little notes that I made about each turn point, each path that I need to take. 

It's amazing how it all just comes to mind when you can put names to the paths,  the sharp left hand bend is 'Bench 2 with information board and arrow"  straight on down there keep on, no turning left or right just keep on going.  Then the 'Shadynook' is next, a nice path in through the trees on the right.  Of course during the day it's a lot brighter, but now it's getting very overcast and the light is not so good.  I think it is not long now before we start looking at pavement routes again!  How comes?  The kids have only just started their summer holidays!  It's all going too quick! 

After the shadynook there is a cross ways in the paths but I remembered 'The little bridge'! Yes get in there!  Who says 'forgetfulness goes with this blimmin menopause shit!  Get in there! And then once we gone over that bridge it all just fell into place, "Littleton Place" and then though to JanetsGate!  Continue on to Kays Post and the rest is just plain sailing, over the wonky board walk and right to Tent Peg lane!

It was hot though, the rain had stopped, with just a few tiny drops to tease us, I did do some walking stops on route!  But I think we did some pretty good running as well, we still managed to get in under the hour!  I took them back over just one bridge, the one that's near Tent Pet lane, and the straight out on to the roads back to the rec.  I thoroughly enjoyed it today, or is it that I was so blimmin relieved I didn't get lost or lose anyone!  It was good running with my pals, we do have a laugh when we all together, we look out for each too!  Thanks pals, loved it!

Geeky stats. and nate, not once did I get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment