Tuesday 21 August 2018

Club Run - I Am Still In Group 2

Hello blog readers.

It's club run again! Woo hoo!  You gotta love club run!...... What?......Uh?.......Where have I been since last Tuesday? I hear you asking!  Well let me explain.  I had to rest my hair!  It's true, you just ask my hairdresser!  It was her rules for her doing my hair!  I know right!  But then, I did have this wonderful stuff on my hair last Thursday, Keratin blow dry, or what ever it was called.  It's marvellous stuff, I had it done on Thursday, so I couldn't go running Thursday evening or Saturday.  The stuff on my hair need to just stay dry, and not sweaty!  So I've had a few days off from my running.  Oh by the way.....I am totally thrilled with my hair!  Supercurls Hair Extensions - Clare did an excellent job of it!  I am so pleased with it! It's the first time that I am getting 'Salon blow dry' at home, doing myself, how cool is that!  So now that I have shamelessly plugged my hairdresser I am going to right about my run!

This evening I was again, running in group 2.  Now that I have a full compliment of leaders for my group 1 I can get on with the business of moving on up!  WendyLC was our leader in group 2 and she had a great route planned out.  I can't believer that we are losing the light but WendyLC still lead us in the woods for just a short bit before bringing us out on to Chislehurst Road.  It was getting pretty dark in the woods, it amazes me that the nights draw in so quickly, it just seems to be coming to a close to quickly!

We seemed to have ran through the woods way to quickly, literally just, touching base with the woods before we were out onto the pavements.  Now in group 2 there are some, well, some people who just need a quiet word in their shell like, a gentle kick up the backside, dragged out by their running shoe laces to move on up to group 3.  So as all us great leaders do, we let them just run on up ahead a bit.  Well Wendimoo was one of these lovely fast speedy types (from group 2 pace) and she was up the front running along the road.  There is this path that leads through the woods and unto Leesons hill. Wendimoo ducked into the woods woods a little prematurely and we ended up running along to someones front garden!  You can see that on the geeky stats at the end. 

We got to the right place in the end and continued our running along the roads, watching as the night sky got ever darker!  I think next weeke we will  be needing fluerescent tops and lights to finish our run!  These roads tough, well, it seemed to pull the group along at a fair pace! The front runners we running far faster than a group 2 pace that's for sure as us at the back were running faster than the advertised pace!  Brilliant, I do need to be pushed and pulled along! And all those feelings that I used to feel in the old group 1 came back "Oh blimey, I'm holding the group up, I hope they don't have to wait long for me" Only now, I can dismiss those thoughts really quickly, because we at PWR do nothing but encourage all our runners.  I knew I could do it, I just need to push myself a little harder to keep up with them. 

We came back out on the main road and the turned left to run down to the roundabout.  We crossed over and ran along to Grosvnor Road and then we turned right to run along Willet Road.  Now along here there are some little cul-de-sac roads, which is where our great and fair leader sent all those speedsters, the group 3 dodgers, to give them a good run while us group 2 running the perfect pace just kept on running the straight road.  It worked perfectly, they were playing catch up and also they couldn't do the last cul-de-sac! 

We were not that far now from our road, Crossways.  Once here WendyLC let us all off the leash and we upped the speed for a speed sprint finish to the rec.  I finished on a sprint, there is always something left in the bank to do a sprint finish! 

A great run, loved it.  Although I still look lovingly at my comfort blanket of group 1, I know they are all doing well under the leaderships of Auriol and C.C. (Carole)  and I am sure when Charley is back she will look after them all just as well.  See you soon group 1, when it's my time to lead, but hello group 2, I am feeling good!  Although, I was just slightly tempted to join group 3, but let me just paddle around ankle deep of group 2 first!  I know my place.....for now!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment