Monday 6 August 2018

Extra Monday!

Hello blog readers.

When your pals put on the whatsapp group "Who wants to run in the morning?" and you can't come up with excuse not to go! Hmmm, so I got up this morning put on my running gear and went to meet my pals.

There were only three of us, Carole, whos' suggestion it was, and Wendimoo.  I looked at them both when I got there and said "So where do we go?"  They both sort of looked at me and said "I don't know, where do you wanna go?"   So I thought we could try the mob match route again.  Paula is not here this time to help me, and both Wendimoo and Carole and not completely confident going through the woods.  This time I am going to have to try and remember everything, with hopefully something filtering through from both of the other girls!  We can do this!  Running with out a map! Yeah, hardcore!

We went in through Dog Poo ally and turned left.  So far so good!  I was feeling pretty confident!  Well, it's not as if I've not been through this part of the woods before!  We ran along to the bridges and up and over all three of them, this time with no one falling up them!  Poor Wendimoo still has a bruise from the last time!  Then we were in Jubilee park.  We could see the path that we need to be running back on and the path stretched out in front is our way to that path.  I nice loop of Jubilee, seriously, how difficult can it be!  The fact of the matter, and just keep this between you and me, I do lose my sense of direction in this park! I don't know why!  I think it's because I have not really explored it!, There are several entrances to the park, and when I come across them I am just totally surprised as to where I am!  But, last time I took mental notes, I think I got this, I really do think I got this! 
See, water!

So in through the gate by the car park we go.  All the way up to the bench, not the first one, the second one, the one with the information board just behind us.  I was so pleased that I found it.  We were running pretty well, it was really warm but we all brought water with us, I was thinking that maybe we should have brought food with us as well, and maybe a flare, just in case!  We were chatting as we ran along, putting the world to rights, having a laugh and just enjoying being out. 

I was trying to do some quality running to, but I just kept losing it, it was warm, my legs hurt, my shoulder hurts, but I kept on persevering.  I stopped again and got annoyed with myself! "Oh just keep going to lazy bloody woman" I shouted out loud!  Dear Carole wasn't having any of that "No, no, no" she said "Don't be so hard on yourself, your here, your out when you could quite easily have been on the sofa"  She's right of course, although I would have had an extra hour in bed!  And then that lead into another brilliant discussion on meditation!  I am no good an meditating, I am no good at emptying my mind.  I just fill it with utter nonsense if I am trying not to think of anything!
Look at Wendimoos
shapely leg!

Ah, the shady path!  I remember this, we found it, we got this far!  Yup still on track.  It was a welcome shady bit of our run, the morning sun was relentless in its glory!  Summer is beautiful, I do love it, but trying to run in it is tough! (mind you any weather and I will find an excuse, right?)  After this bit of our run is when it went slightly wrong.  I went along a path that took us to another entrance to the park, not the one that I wanted! Hmm, so where now.  We went back to where I though we came from and then chose another path!  Guess what, it lead to exactly the same place! Hmm, There was something I was missing!  Back to the Shady path and then I saw the little bridge! Is that where I am supposed to go, is this the way?  It was the only way left to us and as the girls pointed out, it does run parallel to Southbough Lane, towards the Catholic School entrance, the one that I wanted!

BINGO!  Done it, running over the little bridge and we were back on track, 'Littleton' point, so called because it was where Littleton marshaled for the mob match, and that led on to LittleJ Gate, and K School!  Perfect.  We found our way without a map, put the world to rights, encouraged, soothed, laughed and generally 'bigged' each other up on a perfect run.
Hardcore Runners!

We decided to run back through the woods instead of coming out on to Great Thrift, just because we were not in any particular hurry, and made our way back to rec to do some stretches.  Fabulous run, loved it!  Here's our geeky stats, can you see where we got lost!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/2910661369' title='Monday morning Running' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment