Tuesday 3 September 2013

Club Run! - Welcome Back Illustrious Leader!

Hello blog lovers!

Tuesday means club run, and also our beginners, who just love to run, but not quite ready to join group 1.

As the sun is still with us, and also we are still going to do the out and back, I thought to just break things up a bit, a bit of off roading would be nice, we won't have much oppotunities left this year to go out this time into the woods.  What I neglected to say, to the beginners that is, is that there are three bridges to run over!  But first there is the lovely woods to run through.

It is a bit challenging for beginners, with the light not as good, but just so worth it. The trees, the sounds, the peace and quite! (well apart from the running feet and huffing and puffing from everyone) But a most enjoyable detour from the roads.

And just a tad bit further than running along the roads as well, because we were at a mile just after the third bridge! And there were all doing very well, Nagging Sister and JLo were up ahead with Ash, Nagging Sisters eldest daughter, they were doing really well. 

Tracy was doing well too, even though she was giving me glaring daggers!  But I think she enjoyed it. And she was very pleased that she had ran for the twenty minutes, after that it was the 2 minutes walking.  On the way back we stayed with just the one bridge, and then hit the road to get back to the rec.  We started on the 10 minute jogging bit which ended before we got back to the rec, but PhysioMike said to keep going until the feel that cant go any more.  Both Loraine and Tracy got back to the gate, and extra 4 minutes of running! Brilliant.

Nagging sister and her brood came back with Peter after running for 40 minutes! So today was a good session.  This is the geeky stats for Tracy and Lorraine



Group 1 run was brilliant.  Our Illustrious Leader is back from her travels around the world, and seemed raring to go. Choosing cardiac hill as her first run back shows you just how much she has missed us and it!  I offered to be sweeper. It's my place, I know where I am the back! (And I can have a sneaky walk or two as well)

There were a couple of hills in todays run, and I failed miserabley on both of them.  But I have decided not to beat myself up about it, after all, I am here, I am running, and I am doing it! There are plenty of others sat in their homes, who would just love to be able to come out and do this.  I am the fortunate one!

Even running.....ok.....walking up Cardiac hill was good, just to be able to attempt getting up, was good.  I will do, again, I know I will.  But until then I will just keep on trying. That's me, trying, but still loving my running!  I must put in for another race soon!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment