Thursday 5 September 2013

Chitter Chatter Pitter Patter!

Hello blog lovers.

Thursday core training well and truly out of the way till next year, but I still want to keep Thursdays as a running day.  Still keep to a routine of running twice during the week, with hopefully a Saturday ParkRun, if I'm not off cycling somewhere. 

SingstarJo wanted to go for a run.  She is gradually getting better from an injury, a back injury at that, which is particularly horrid, (I had back trouble early in the year!) and so she wanted a nice gentle run, with maybe getting four miles in, if we can, before it gets too dark, as we both fancy going through the woods!

SingstarJo picked me up just before 7 and we headed off for our starting spot, 'Dog Poo Ally'.  The light is still with us, but I suggested going up the same path that PhysioMike said to go on Tuesday with the beginners, but somehow I missed it, and we still went down the same rooty path I always take! Conditioning you see! Oh well, its all good, we will just have to concentrate that little bit more.

The three bridges came and we coped with those no sweat....... well I should say no problem, the sweat was definitely there! Boy is it warm this evening! Both Jo and I were sweating like we were sitting in a sauna! We were still chatting away, talking about all sorts of stuff, acupuncture, the beginners, park run,  marathons, stripping......wallpaper that is! And the time was just ticking away, we wasn't at all interested in how fast we were going, only the distance.  Hopefully 4 miles and that will be it. 

We got to Blackbrook Lane, non stop running, which I was pretty impressed with myself for that, and we could have turned left and ran till we got to the two mile mark and then gone back the same way, an out and back route. But I suggested turning right, following out clubs 10k route,  and running along with the the river on our left, and then go back along to the rail lines and through the path that I wanted to take in the first place.

SJ was all up for that, as long as Goss Hill wasn't involved (that will be next time, maybe a Sunday afternoon run, when she is up for some hills) Oh wow, look at me, talking about hills again, as if I love them!  It's a strange past time this running malarkey, but what a total buzz you get from it when you have:-  a) finished your run, b) achieved a PB, c) increased your distance, d) finished a challenging run.  There could be so much 'buzzing' going on that you probably sound like swarming bees!

We managed to find the right path, the less rooty path, back to 'Dog Poo ally', but we both still felt that we could go a few more minutes running, so we did a loop of the block and then back to the car.  Just a tad oer 50 minutes of running, at a very leisurely conversational pace, just feeling good about running!

Thanks SingstarJo, a great run, here's our geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment