Saturday 31 August 2013

4th Anniversary Normans Park Run

Hello Blog lovers.

Park run again today, and Nagging Sister and her little attachment JLo came along too, for their first Park run since their beginners course.  I saw one other from PhysioMikes course and also SingstarJo had her '50' tee shirt on, so it was going to be a run for her as well.  It's good to see her back running.

I am still chasing my PB, as Nagging Sister was going to stay with JLo to keep her motivated, I was going to try and see what I can do.  The fact that we are going in the opposite direction shouldn't make any difference to achieving that, that is what I was telling myself.  I was trying to remember if there are slight inclines, but it is generally a flat route.

The messages given, the 'well dones' to those that had reached their 100th park runs and 50th park runs, and then the run was on its way.  "Don't start off too quick Old girl" says SingstarJo. Of course, she is right.  I always do try and start off and get the first bit over and done with, but then I burn out and the second lap is a lot slower! 

We all started off together, me SSJ, NS and JLo, a nice pace to start out, just see how it feels.  Me and SSJ started to pull away from the other two, but it still felt ok.  I was not going to look at my watch, I wanted to just try and 'feel' that I am doing ok.  If I knew I was going out maybe a tad to fast then I probably would slow down, thinking that I will need all my energy for the each mile, even though I would feel comfortable a that pace. 

So I just switched it so that it showed the time, and relaxed.  SSJ said that if kept the pace going for all the way wound then I could be on for that coveted PB! That made me smile. Now, just keep the pace Old Girl, don't panic!!  As we were looping the pass the river I noticed the 35 minute pacer which disturbed me! I want to get in a lot quicker than that, under 34 minutes! 

The first lap done, and we did pass the 35 minute pacer, but on the second lap I was started to wane a bit.  SSj was in the zone, and I told her to go at her own pace and not stay with me.  With a "Catch up to me when you can" she started to drift up the course.  If I can I will try, I really will, but.....

I couldn't see NS or JLo, but the 35 minute pace was still behind me, but to my mind a bit to close, which means that I either have to speed up or she needs to slow down!  But I think it was probably me that needed to get a move on if I want that PB. 

The last couple of corners, I chose my race as I always do, but then someone passed me! I had to try and get that back!  But he was on a mission.  I think like me, the sight of that orange tunnel is a great sight, and just to get to it as quickly as possible now is our goal.  The sprint section starts, I see a girl in front of me, I am deffo going to over take her, that's my race, that's my goal, that and a PB!  I ran past the girl in black, one goal complete, now run through the tunnel, check the time, check the time!!

34:44 on my Garmin!! Darn it! I know I haven't got it this time.  Still, there is always next time!

Geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment