Thursday 12 September 2013

Thursday's First Day!

Hello blog lovers.

Thursday has been quite a busy day.  School runs to two schools, and running and cycling! How I fit in everything, and do it on time I never know...... mind you.....my dinner was a bit burnt after the cycle ride!

Anyway, this is 'me' running blog, so I shall get on with it.  Now that the little darlings are settled into school its time for the yummy mummys and dapper daddies to get into shape after enjoying all those lovely barbeque's and ice creams and fish and chips by the sea side. 

On Thursdays PWR's meet up for a run, after dropping off the little darlings and then go run their little socks off.  DiscoRich was taking out the faster runners, the girls who run at group three pace, and I was taking out group 1 runners, or those that can run a group 1 pace.  .................Ok................yes...............you can settle down now............yes............me taking the lead role for a Thursday morning run! 

If I said I felt totally privileged, well that would be an understatement.....I was totally thrilled to be asked to lead out a group.  And then I felt totally scared stiff!  And when I saw who I was 'leading' I was even more anxious!  It was a very select group, just 1 person! And she normally did so well in the Thursday core and strengthening, leaving me eating dust!

But I was hoping that running continually (and I use that word very, very loosely here!) over a 3 and half mile route would maybe just keep things to a group 1 pace!  I chose a bit of a hilly route, because 1) I am thinking it will be a bit slower, and 2), I couldn't quite think of a route quick enough after DiscoRich said to me "You know plenty of routes now Old Girl" So I had to think quick on my (running) feet! and 3) during the run out I found out that Marianne has entered the '3 peaks' run.  Hills seemed to be just what she needs as well.  But to me, even the name of the run (or walk) sends me to run to the corner shivering with my thumb in my mouth! I don't like hills!  But for today only, I feel they are just what me and Marianne need!

We started off following DiscoRich and the 3 other ladies that was there today.  They were definitely on a mission! Running  at group three pace I knew I had to change route and stop being mesmorised by them, so I took Willet Way, as I knew they were going down the 'Cinder Path' by the school, I just couldn't keep that pace going.  This was to be the theme of todays run. I shall call it 'A Woman's Prerogative!"

You, my faithful readers, know that I just can't keep up any sort or pace without having some sort of walking break, whether its for 10 seconds or for 30 seconds, I still need that little walk!  Leadership material! I do hope so.  I shall just have to make it an interesting run. So I expect me changing my mind about which way to go would do that! Either that or worry her that I would get lost some where!

Changing my mind though was going to be the order of the day, as I decided as we got nearer to Southborough lane, I asked Marianne if she fancied going through the woods. Now considering she has brand new sparkling, shiny, running shoes on, I thought it was best to ask! She was all for it.  That's what PWR's are made off! New shoes?, pah!! Raining? Pah! Snow........erm....pah!! We can do it!

All in all our run took us well over 3 and half miles! Not bad for my first lead role, I just hope Marianne had fun!

Here's the geeky stats.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous - I'd forgotten about the Thursday group. I'm changing my NHS days from October, so I'll be able to join you on the days I don't have other client work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous!!!! that will be good! We break for the school holiday, in October, so check which day that you can make it in that month :-)

      Delete