Tuesday 10 September 2013

Beginner Group

Hello Blog lovers.

Today I helped out at beginners graduates group.  We had 5 die hard runners who are still not quite confident or feel they are ready to move to group 1.  Peter and I took them out for a usual 20 minute jog, 2 minute walk and a well, shall we say more that 10 minute jog back to the rec!

We power walked the perimeter of the park, to loosen up, and then we took off straight away to do our route.  Peter and Claire took the lead, and headed off at a reasonable rate, towards the ally, and the railway bridge.  This will be the last time this year I shall be leading them out to this path as the light is disappearing fast.  If there is to be anymore Graduates runs on Tuesdays, then it will be only on the pavements.

Peter and Claire had disappeared into the distance, the rest of them jogged along with me, though the ally and over the bridge.  Nagging Sister and JLo were in front of me, and N.S. kept running out and then back to her.  It all worked out well.

We jogged out as far as the gate and beyond this time round.  I am sure we managed to get further this time than on any other occasion. Which goes to show there is tons of improvement there!  We saw Peter and Claire coming back so I decided to do a 'U' turn before the 20 minutes was up and head back to the rec.

I think there were ready for the two minutes of walk.  The next 10 minute (or so) jog was soon upon them and they seemed to be a lot more energised, you can tell by the way they get up the stairs.  The ten minutes were up before we reached Crossways, but I sort of kept that to myself.  To keep on increasing your distance and speed is the way forward, to be able to totally graduate and join a group 1 run is the goal for the beginners. 

Claire has decided that is what she will be doing next week!  Next week, she will come along and join in her first Group 1 run!  Well done Claire.  I am sure you will be just fine!

There is no group 1 run for me today.  My first born, my daughter, is back from Australia for a few days, before flying off to Spain for a wedding! I will get to see her again before she flys off back to Oz, but for today, I wanted to spend some time with her.

Geeky stats for graduates Summer 2013 course.


No comments:

Post a Comment