Thursday 6 December 2012

Out Again, Really?!

Hello blog lovers.

Well, judging by todays title, you can imagine my feelings about going out jogging today! My legs were complaining like anything! My enthusiasm was way down in my aching heels. I was tempted to go for a bike ride instead, but a still small voice told me to "Stick to the programme" Ok so I know I am using the programme in my style, i.e. I just cant do those sprint things, but I am jogging along for the amount of minutes it suggests.

So now that I am on week 7 of my training, which of course means that there is no going back to do week 6 any more, I really do have to concentrate of my jogging and running. On my posture while running, and everything else that is going to help me to the finish line of a 26.2 mile run!

My plan said that I had to jog along for 35 minutes today. That would be doing the Turpington turn around route, but I am getting bored with that. It's no good jogging along the same old roads, especially as I remembered how far I had jogged before on this route. Going by the way I feel today, I doubt I will make it out of Oxhawth without stopping for a walk. So the Old boy suggested another route. It meant taking the head lamps to go through Jubilee Park, but at least it's a different route. And one that I can't remember the stats, the places where I had stopped before, and the distances. I mean me and the Old Boy used to drive to the entrance of Jubilee Park, at Tent Peg lane, but now we are jogging towards it. The Old Boy has obviously got used to jogging off our estate now, I think him getting some spandex pants for cycling has made him more confident!

The head lights lit up our way through the park, and if you look towards the woods with your light shining it picks up the eyes of the foxes, or whatever other creatures are hiding there! Quite spooky really! I huffed and puffed my way through the park, thinking, its not that far now, almost half way. I really was feeling quite tired! I shall say again, what I said to the Old Boy when we were getting changed to go out jogging "Whose idea was it that I sign up for the London Marathon!"
"All yours, my dear" he said, smiling at me sympathetically, or was that 'I doubt you will make it past the start line' type smile!

Now I can see the home straight as we come out of the road leading to the park. I was glad I chose this direction, its the down hill direction. Ok so we had to go up to Tent Peg lane in the first place, but now its all kind of down hill or flat for the rest of the way home! Heading down Blackbrook was really very comforting. Just at the end here is our park, we shall go through there and then be home in just a few short strides.... ok just a little further than a few strides, but it really isn't that far home. And My timing for 35 minute jogging would be just about right!

So you can imagine my face when the Old Boy decided to choose a right turn before we got to the end of Blackbrook lane, and then headed slightly off course to where I wanted to be!
"But my time will be up, I need to go this way" I whined at him.
"Come on, Old Girl, stop whining and get a move on" he said encouragingly, "Its raining!" So I followed, reluctantly to the right, away from the park entrance!

We didn't take that much of a detour really, just added tad extra on to the route. We popped out opposite the road where my friend and pastor live. At the end of this road is the entrance, another entrance, to the park near our home. We jogged through this entrance and bared right to jog along side the golf course. I guess it's good training for my race which I have booked up on Sunday, the Ditton Turkey Run. It's a 10k XC run, with a Christmas pud for all runners! I wished they would just give me the brandy they put in the puds instead, I can't stand Christmas pud!

My legs were really complaining now, my heels feeling like that have been kicked my a heard of elephants, but I am glad I went out for a jog, and not a bike ride! Well, its no fun riding in the rain, is it? But maybe next week I will join my fellow club members for some torture, I mean some hard core training, up and down hills, 11x200m apparently!! Sounds delightful!

So my geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment