Monday 3 December 2012

Get Out There Old Girl!

Hello blog lovers.

Well, what can I say. The cold virus kept me prisoner in my own home. The cold and rain made sure that I wasn't tempted to go try to see if it could make it round a small route! But this evening I made an attempt to escape these four walls and to feel the cold air on my face, and down my lungs.

I told the Old Boy that I need to go out for at least 3 miles, get these old legs working again, even though I abused them on Saturday night at our Christmas disco, tottering about on, what I can only describe as stilts! Plus trying to dance in them, is not what a person training for a marathon should be doing! Anyway, I digress, (It was a fantastic night out though!)  I just wanted to go and do the usual 3 miles, make sure that my lung can cope with the chilly air.

I made sure that I was wrapped up warm enough, I do like cold, and even made sure my Garmin had satellites before I even went to the front door.  As soon as we was out of the door I started jogging. I was keeping it nice a slow. My legs seemed to have forgotten how to move faster than the shuffle you do from room to room! My heels hurt still (I must find out what that is all about) and my mojo is somewhere in the house (probably hanging out of the fridge looking for the chocolate!)

I puffed and shuffled around our little 3 miler. Nothing in a spectacular style, nothing to say that those 5 days rest from running had done me a ton of good. But, still, it felt good to be out! I managed to do the three miles with only 2 stops! Not bad considering I did have double woman's flu!

So geeky stats for you


No comments:

Post a Comment