Sunday 15 July 2012

She's Only Running Again!

Hello Blog lovers.

That strange bright orb thing was in the sky again today, warming up the day, drying up puddles and putting this strange look on peoples faces, I believe it used to be called smiles! What can you do with a day like today! Run or Ride?

Well the Old Boy is working, so it's a run for me. I love me running, and now that I have signed up to do a race in September, I better get to doing some more of it. It's a 10k race, through Chislehurst. On the web site it was said to be 'undulating' to you, me and all else who hates hills, that means HILLS!

I just have to get to work on some hills!  Therefore it's back to Summer Hill! I was thinking of making it a little longer route as well, but well, actually,....erm, I forgot! I was going to go straight down Southborough Lane, and the turn right up Bromley common, and the turn right down past the dripping tap. That was my plan, but in reality, I turned up Blackbrook lane as I did on Thursday. "Oh well, I can always tack extra on the way back instead" I thought to my self. (As if that will happen!)

Running up to Summer Hill I was feeling pretty good. I have gotten over my aches from Thursday effort on the hill, and I was determined to push myself even harder this time around. So the scary grimacing face was well and truly in place! Not the down hill section, of course! Getting up there was pretty tough. Everytime I stopped running I told myself off, I nagged myself to get going again. (I didn't listen to myself mind) I was hoping no one was in earshot of me. I don't suppose it's quite the normal thing to be talking to oneself really!

My legs did start to get a tad heavy once I reached the top of the hill. I was half expecting, or should I say, half wishing, that the Old Boy would be in the pub garden of 'The Tigers Head'. As I set off for my run, I met the Old Boy on his way home! I told him I would be about an hour or so. I had mentioned to Big Son where I would be running, and I was hoping that the OB would ask where I was going, He didn't ask, and Big Son didn't tell him the route that I was doing today, so f course he wasn't at the pub, with a lovely pint of lager! Oh well, lets just get the job done.

I was stopping a little bit more often now, I'm sure more often that I did on Thursday! Oh well, PB out of the question! My water in my bottle was going down a treat as well, I was hoping that I wasn't going to run out before the end of my run.

Thoughts turned to my dinner. The Old Boy has said he had a chicken to stuff in the oven! Yup, that gave me a little bit of energy burst! Chicken and salad, you can't get better than that after a run. I was thinking about it all the way down Birchwood Road. I can just see it now. (I must remember not to smile when I'm by myself too). And with that thought I was out of the zone again, and thinking of the heavy legs that I was trying to 'fling' from my hips at speed!

When I got to Pettswood, I decdided that I would stick to the same route that I did on Thursday. I like to compare times when I do the same route. See where I can improve, or (which I doubt very much) maybe even go a little easier on myself in order to push myself harder in other areas, to achieve a PB. With that in mind I concentrated on running the route. I thought about trying not to 'heel strike' as I run, and push myself a little harder on the easier parts.

It was when I got to top of Hollingworth, I looked at my watch, I realised I could be on for a PB if I push myself a little harder! Flipping Nora Old Girl, go on, get and do it! I tried and tried to push myself, No stopping, just keep going. I kept checking my Garmin. I'm on target, I can get a PB, only by a minute or so, but it's still a PB!

When I pushed the stop button outside my house, I was absolutely delighted that it was 2 minutes quicker than Thursday! Yeah, look at the Old Girl go!! Twinkle toes, my feet are burning baby, yeah burning! Well that is what I wanted to say, but all I managed was a 'Flipping Nora!

When I went in doors though, no aroma of the said chicken cooking! The Old Boy was firmly fixed to the t.v. Of course, it was the Tour de France. So I sat and joined in the viewing. Big Son came down and he made me a cuppa. Then the Old boy said "Do you want a muffin with that?" Not only did the OB buy a chicken, he also bought some lovely muffins.  Now there is something worth running for.

A post run, pre dinner lemon muffin! Mmmm yum

I'm sorry I started it before I photographed it, just soooo tasty.


Oh and geeky stats for your perusal, and its a 2 minute and 5 sec faster that Thursdays run!

No comments:

Post a Comment