Tuesday 24 July 2012

Phew! What A Scorcher!

Hello blog lovers.

I knew reading the Sun headlines would come in useful one day! It was summer here, so while the rain clouds were away annoying someone else, it was quickly fill up the pool for the kids and have a relaxing day in the garden! You have to be quick, just in case it starts raining again!

The weather didn't seem to cool down when it was time to go running! I think it's going to be a very warm run, so I shall do the sensible thing and take water. A nice chilled drinks bottle! Just what I shall need.

Our Illustrious leader wasn't here today, and it was down to her second in command, her husband, who lead out our group 1 today.  "Where shall we go tonight" he said "Anyone have a route in mind" Guess what? I suggested at 10k "You want to do a 10k" he said and some of the other group 1 looked very shocked. Of course I meant doing the Mob Match route, which is about 7k. But I just got 10k on the brain at mo.

As we have had a couple of very nice warm hot days, I was hoping that the huge puddles and muddy patches were drying up. And of course, being as its in the woods, it could be a lot cooler as well.  First off, though, is the hill! more or less straight into it. But I am thinking, "It's all good practise old girl, you should be well used to this route by the time the mob match happens"  That's what I was hoping for. Just get the route firmly in my brain, know when to push myself, and know when to just ease up a bit.

There were still some of the puddles through the woods, and also a tree that was across the path last week has been removed, so no hurdling over obstacles today! I was really feeling the warmth of the day, sweat was dripping into my eyes, I had forgotten my hat! But fortunately I did remember to bring a hanky! I was seriously thinking of doing the 'very British thing' and tying four knots in the corners and shoving it on my head, to help keep the sweat out of my eyes! But, I didn't, I just dabbed, and wiped very ladylike.

I didn't manage to get up that hill after we popped out of the woods today. The heat was just zapping my energy (excuses time again) but fortunately, every time that our leader turned around I seemed to be running! Unless I had my head down while I was walking and missed him!

I was at the back, as per usual, and when I caught up with our leader and the front runners, I was glad! Because each regroup, our leader sent the front runners off on a little loop to keep the muschles warm (if this heat isn't enogh!) so they were doing little extra bits. He did say after I reached them that we could join them on a smaller lap or just take a rest and wait for them to catch up. I chose 'life' I knew if id did the little extra bits I would probably die!

Through the park. it always feel really close now. But I do rememer a time what I though 'Oh know, we still got to get to the rec" But now it feels like its just around the corner!  We were well grouped together, so there was no need to 'marshall' anyone. I would be just marshalling me! The last hill before the rec now and I try to put on a bit of a sprint! But going up hill I failed! And it was just as well, because when we entered the park, our leader made us do the whole of the mob match and run around the cricket field before stopping out side the pavillion! This is where I did my sprint though! I even managed to pass a couple of the front runners!

A good run today, but very hot!  Geeky stats for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment