Thursday 12 July 2012

Housework V Running?!

Hello Bloggers,

Guess which activity I chose! Of Course running! The sun was shining, I had no rugrats to look after for a couple of hours, and since the weather is just chocka block full of rain this days, the oportunity to run in the sunshine was just too good to miss!

As soon as I dropped off the little 'un at nursery I came back home. A very quick tidy up and then changed into my running gear! It just had to be done. I had about just over 2 hours to run. I decided that it was going to be a long slow run. Of course all my long runs are slow runs, not that I have done many these days! But I also toyed with the idea of taking in Summer Hill. A nemesis of mine for jogging up!

I thought if I really didn't feel like it, I could quite easily turn left and go on pass Tescos, and do my 6 mile route in the opposite direction than I did last time. When I reached the top of Blackbrook lane, however, I turned right, into Summer Hill!  Now I know I am a proper Pettswood Runner! Doing a solo run, on Summer Hill!  Me! By myself!

I thought this run would take me to 8 miles over all, well that is what I was hoping, By the time I got to the top of the hill and heading in the direction of 'The Tigers Head'  I was expecting to be at least half way there. I am no good at judging distance, but since the running and cycling I am getting a tad better!  So I was quite disappointed,  to find out that it was only about 3 miles  to this point! Oh well, So maybe it's not going to be 8 miles today!

I was on familiar turf now, PWR's turf. I have run these roads, I know these roads. So I just concentrated on getting the job done. The kids were all coming out of school, so I tried desperately to 'act like a lady' and not to launch 'rockets' everywhere. I can do it when I am running with the club, so I will have to think that I am with fellow runners!

I am really enjoying this run. Its fun, its dry, well apart from the moisture running out of my head, and its at my pace. I am a bit tough on myself though, but I must learn to be a bit more tougher. Run harder Old Girl! A bus was  passing me by and I noticed that the kids were pointing at laughing at me, did I care, not a jot.Well, maybe not acting like a lady again was quite funning! If only, when I was their age, I had even bothered to walk home from school, then I could be running further and faster than I am now. I just smiled to myself. Most kids now days want everything falling in their laps, now, instantaneously. I would love to tell them that, actually, healthy bodies and minds takes time, takes patience and takes hard work.

My hard work started very late in life! Way into my forties! But look at me now. If only I had done something earlier, I was probably guilty of laughing at all the jogging, stretching, gym crazy people when I was younger.

Running down Birchwood Road now, not that far to go. The sun still shining, my water bottle nearly empty, (I was sensible today bringing water with me!) and I was still having fun running. I can't understand why Nagging Sister don't like it. The aches in my muscles tells me that I'm doing some great hard work. The sweat on face tells me that I am working hard to burn off some extra calories, burn off all that fat, both the fat you can see and all the inside fat! My pulse racing, getting my metabolism working overtime!  Yup it's a great day to run.

On to my side of the rail lines now. Pace is slower, but then running 5 miles (with walking stops of course) does that to me. I then noticed the time, I realised I had enough time to get back home, a quick stretch out, try and bring the colour down from my pink puffy face,(I just knew it would be quite a colour)  before I pick up the little lad from nursery! I am going to have to turn up in my running gear mind, and probably minging to high heavens, but if anyone asks, then will say, "I have just run for 6.54 miles, so I will look at bit pink and puffy"

A very good run today. a most enjoyable run today! Bring on my next run!

Geeky stats.

2 comments:

  1. ooohhhh look at you ramping it up past 10km. Bloody marvellous Donna, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some days are just too good not to run Jez, and this was it :-)

      Delete