Wednesday 4 July 2012

No Kids, No Work, No Slacking!

Hello Blog lovers!

Look at this, another blog, directly after yesterday's blog! Does this mean the Old Girl has been out running again? Of course it does.  What else am I going to do with my spare time, stay in bed and dream of being in the Olympics?  Well that couldn't happen if I did that now, would it. Not that I could ever be an Olympian!

I had every intention of getting up early and doing a LSR, but I looked out side and saw the rain, more bloomin wet stuff falling down. Tut, British weather is not very inspiring, is it? But I waited, snuggled up in my bed, and then thought,"at least get up and prepare as if you are going to go running" I often talk to myself when it comes to doing exercise!

Up, into my jog pants and top and everything else that makes me look like a committed runner, and then I sat down again! Looking at the rain. Tut. I just wasn't feeling it. "I can run in the rain if its not raining in the beginning" And then that still small voice said "Just get out there......its ok now" As I noticed a break in the rain. 

With that I was out, Garmin on, key in pocket and IPhone tunes playing in my ears! Why don't my tunes shuffle, even though I have it on shuffle? Anyway, the weather is quite warm out, quite muggy, and the LSR is not going to happen! I have aother things that are needing doing in the afternoon, so I need to be washed and blow dried before I do them.

I was just going to do 5K, one of my old routes familiar routes, and depending on time (or how quickly I get around) then I could extend the distance. I kept trying to sort out my stupid IPhone shuffle thing, because it kept playing the same tune. At least I could change it with the little thing switch on my ear phones, but its just so annoying!

About half way round the rain started again, but as the morning was quite warm and muggy I was quite thankful for the rain, it was cooling me down.

I was soon running along Southborough lane, I am guessing that it is not a PB for me as I was faffing about with my IPhone and the tunes.  I was also deciding that extending the distance today is not an option, I have to get back and cleaned up. Ready to play, strum my guitar and sing with the children at Treasure tots!

Geeky stats today



No comments:

Post a Comment