Sunday 8 March 2020

Double Trouble

Hello blog readers


I have two reports to share with you plus another one a bit late if I can get it written.  One from parkrun day formerly known as Saturday, also Tuesdays run, club run!

So the first one, parkrun day.  it was a special one!  Our CarolWithAnE has reached her second 'milestone' parkrun, her 100th!  Yup!  From those first tentative steps four years ago, with our Petts Wood Beginners course, CarolWithAnE and her lovely hubby RefMichael, came along to see what it was all about!  RefMichael was only there to support CarolWithAnE, but as you know he is still here with us running.  It's been an absolute joy watching CarolWithAnE grow in confidence with her running, even becoming one of our leaders!  You got no idea how I feel just having these two lovely people here with us!  Such pride!

It was an awfully wet morning!  It has been raining since about 08:00 1st January 2020, and not stopped since! It was tough getting out there, but it was CarolWithAnE's special milestone run, we all got out for RefMichaels wet milestone so of course we had to for hers too. CarolWithAnE, all doled up with balloon and sign was eagerly waiting for her name to be called by the Run Director and then we could give her a big cheer, which we would have done even without the shout out!  But as soon as the run began CarolWithAnE soon put some space between us!  I ran/walked the rest of the run with Shalini, who is now going to be expanding her family!  With that in mind all the time we both 'Jeffed' our way around.  We stuck to the 30/30 although sometimes we were chatting and missed a few 'vibrations' on my Garmin, so our running was longer in some places!  But just like the first time I tried the 'formula' we still had a good work out!

We were nearing the finish funnel and this young lady started to talk to us. I wish I could remember her name, her name was Caroline.  She is a cancer survivor and is doing her best to keep fit. She also does podcasts as well to try and encourage other cancer patients to run, Out Run Cancer, as she says!  She had asked about what me and Shalini were doing, the whole 'Jeffing' thing, because she said that she was trying to keep up with us and we were walking as well! She asked if I would have a quick interview for her podcast, I said yes of course, I also asked her to come back to the pavilion for some cake and a chat with our CarolWithAnE!  The best bit of that run was when we got back to the finish line!  To be precise back into the pavilion! Most of us were back, CarolWithAnE was waiting there with her sister and niece, and this beautiful cake that her niece had made.  There were other cakes there to, and Auriols date bar!  I think I must have put on the calories that I lost doing that run!

Club run

So, club run.  It was also our prayer meet up week too, I am sure we were all quietly praying for the rain to stop now!  But fortunately it wasn't raining that evening, although it was still quite damp out! 
I was leader, it was also move up Tuesday week!  I always like to have a little challenge for us in Group 1 just to feel like we have moved up!  But also, Shalini was with us and her growing bump, so I decided to do the hill training, and then Shalini can opt to do as much as she feels!  So Kevington road it was!

There was only four of us running in group 1 but we all kept together really well, in fact sometimes I was leading from the back!  I am deffo going to have to try and kick start my fat arse to do more running!  The days are lighter, yes wetter, but I am not made of sugar!  What I need is someone to literally drag my ass out during the day, just for a 3 miler, just to keep the fat burning going, just to keep my fitness level going up and up! It's not hard is it!??

Anyway, we did it, we all did pretty well!  We even ran up the little hill three times as our 'lets put some extra effort into moveup Tuesday' week!  

Here's our geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment