Wednesday 11 March 2020

Club Run

Hello readers.

Up to date with my blogging! Yay!  I know I have only just posted one about my Monday run, but if I don't get this out here today it could be another few days before it gets out!

So yesterday was Club Run, Auriol was leading group 1.  We had a bit of a heavy mist going on and I wasn't quite sure who would be turning up!  I texted the Angels to see if any of them was going to go, I had to nag Naggy to go, SnappyH had some excuse about a bubble bath, which sounded so much better than going out on a damp evening.  But, bubble baths, box sets, and blogging were not going to be getting me ready for my half marathon!  So Naggy and I picked up Tracy and headed for the rec, we were doing this, come rain or shine!  Actually there was no shine, it's still dark at 8 o'clock!  We were coming through the gate and had to avoid group 12 who were already on their way out.  Everyone else was still in the huddle, I needed the loo so I  missed the rest of  the leaders talk about which way they are going, so it made a nice mystery run for us.

As it happened there were only three of us in group 1, Auriol leading and me and Tracy.  I wondered  if we should have joined group 2, but Tracy wasn't quite ready for that.  I decided to stay in group 1  with the two of them.  Auriol had some sprints planned, always worth a go sometime during the week, it might as well be on a club run.  I think the last time I had done that route it was raining then too!  We set off after everyone else had gone and ran along Crossways to Petts Wood Road.  From the moment we left the rec we were chatting!  None stop chattering, it was brilliant!  The only time that we didn't do much chatting is when we got to Auriols planned sprint section.  Then it was full on, sprint to lamppost, walk to lamppost, sprint to lamppost! I say full on, it was as much a I could do really! She had this little loop, I think she said it's about 1 km with some of the lampposts being further away from each.......in the sprinting sections!  It was good fun though, another solo runner came running pass us while we were walking between the lampposts, as soon as the sprint section started I tried to catch up to him!  I nearly did even though he looked as if he was just plodding casually along!

We had a great chat, it's good to just run and chat, Auriol kept her sprinting going for the rest of the run while Tracy and I just ran along at a normal pace with the occasional walking thrown in for good measure. 

I was a really great run!  Love club nights!  Here's our geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment