Monday 16 March 2020

Two Into One

Hello blog readers.
This is me 11 years ago!
Running does help!

I did it again, or at least I didn't do it again!  I didn't get to write my blog for Thursday, so I am cramming it all in here.

Thursday Morning

It was been quite a while since I've managed to run on a Thursday morning with the other PWR's, so I was really looking forward to it.  It's a bit of a rush to get from work, get changed and then get to the rec for 09:30.  I picked up Tracy on the way, just so that she don't find an excuse not to go.

IllustriousLeader was there with a couple of other lades, Auriol joined us as well.  The faster groups had already left before I got there!  IllustriousLeader was going to be very kind to us and not go through the woods, although I do miss them, the thought of getting very muddy just wasn't appealing!  So, she had one of my fav 'wet' routes (we run this when it's really wet during summer evenings)  planned which is the Cinder Path, with the loop around the houses, we can cover a nice distance in the hour that we have.  It feels like we go through the woods, but we just skirt alongside of it, best of all, no traffic! Always a bonus!  

I ran along at the back with Tracy, just a nice plod along!  I  had every intention of going to track that night, doing a double, something I have not done for such a long time!  So I didn't going to go crazy, just in case!  

It was a great run, it felt good to be out on a Thursday morning with my running buddies!  Fingers crossed this is the beginning of my new weekly regime!  Running on a Thursday, even if it's only in the morning!   It remained dry as well, another big bonus!  Yup, I deffo enjoyed my Thursday run.

Beginners Week 2

The beginners are in the second week.  Still plenty of time for people to come and join in, which they did!  A new person joined us on Saturday, still a nice and easy introduction to running!  There were quite a few of us there, in spite of all that is going on at the moment, with this blimmin Corona Virus.  It's all we hear, all we talk about, all that is on the news!  It's a huge worry, I know, but I am sure being just that little bit healthier and fitter can't do any harm! I know there are hundreds and hundreds of people very disappointed about the marathons being postponed, but we are still going ahead with our course.  We can all keep at least two meters apart in the wreck!

RefMichael was in the leaders role on Saturday, poor ZippySherry wasn't feeling too well.  He hadn't read his email and it was a bit of a shock to him!  But he did really well!  The walk around the rec was a bit easier than last week, I am sure it's not as muddy and soft as it was, should make the running a tad easier too!  Then RefMichael had us all doing the drills!  He took revenge on me by asking me to demonstrate each drill!  I can get him back next time!

Then it was our running!  My watch was all set up perfectly this time, so I can keep an eye on RefMichaels times, make sure he is not doing extra......on every rep!  That last one, he did go the extra mile.....obviously not a mile, just a few extra seconds of running! 

So that's that for now.

Stay safe everyone, keep your hands washed and keep on running!   

No comments:

Post a Comment