Wednesday 26 February 2020

Club Run!

Hello blog readers.

Yesterday it was club run!  I went, as you can probably guess! But if it wasn't for the fact that CarolWithAnE was leading, for the first time in simply ages, I probably would have stayed under my blanket!  But, like all runs....I am so glad I went out!  Seriously, what is not to like?  The freezing cold?  Yes, I will give you that. The tiredness!  Yes, of course, everyone is tired, yes, you can have that too.  The damp, the rain, the wind!  Ok, so there is plenty not to like, but it still does not compare to that feeling of "Feck yes, I did it!" 

It's true, isn't it?  There is no such thing as bad run!  They might be hard, they might be cut short, you may even hate every second of it until you turn off your Garmin!  But as soon as you have, that's when the thoughts of "Yeah, done it!"  So, running yesterday, it was good.  Just me and Auriol were there supporting Carole for the usual group 1 culprits.  But there were still group 1'ers to chat to!  WendyLC was there, she is working her way back from injury.  Group 1 is great place to start on your recovery!

CarolWithAnE had a great route sorted out, not too hilly, just that first one in the beginning!  A blimmin shocker!  But it's no more that what we do to our beginners after they have at least done 6 or 7 weeks of our course! Wood Rise, I think that's what it's called, right opposite the rec!  But after that cheeky hill everything seemed ok!  I was at the back though, in the pretence of sweeper!  I really do need to up my game, that half marathon is getting closer!  We even did the infamous Cardiac Hill, fortunately we were running down it!  So much nicer!

It was great fun......I can say that now of course....I really do love running, but I do know that my running has suffered since working with this company!  I am not an early bird, I don't like it, i much prefer to be sleeping!  But I am determined......well, in my mind I am determined, just need to get my feet to be as well, Next week!  The days are getting lighter, I am sure my mood gets lighter too!  Get home from work, go for a run, go back to work!  That is going to be my patter.....hopefully!  Fingers crossed!  Get it out there so people can nag me to do it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment