Saturday 27 July 2019

Saturday....Ooops parkrun day!

Hello readers

Can you believe it's been a week since my last run!  Not good!  There has been some very good reasons though, on club night Tuesday gone I was at my hairdressers, I didn't get out till gone 8, then on Thursday, that really hot, hot Thursday, well the evening was even hotter as I was at the Theatre watching The Dream Boys at the Churchil! Oh my goodness!  What a lovely evening!  So no running at all during last week, not even on the days that I could have done!  I was just too tired! (tired read lazy!)

So here we are up to date with my blogging.  Parkrun day and it's a special one, it's RefMichaels 100th!  Yup, there has been a few milestone runs recently.  There were a few more happening at Bromley too, Marcus's Mrs doing her 150th and at Orpington The Spencers doing their joint 50th that's so romantic, and I do believe Liz another PWR was doing her 100th at Hoblingwell!  So many PWR's and so many parkrun venues!  It's hard to not to be near a parkrun in our area! No excuses for not runnig!  Mind you today I really, really wanted an excuse to stay in my nice warm, bed!  After having the amazing week with the sun shining at it's brightest and hottest on our tiny little bit of Britain, we are now paying for it with the thunder and lightening and the rain!  It was coming down pretty hard this morning, I was cussing with every item of my running gear that I dragged out of my drawers and again when I put every item of clothing on!  Why is it raining?  I tell you, us Brits are just never satisfied, it's too hot, it's too cold, it's to wet, there's not enough air about, it's misty!  It's a British  thing to do, to be unhappy with the weather.  But raining now, I hate starting a run in the rain!  I say hate, if you had asked me on Friday morning (the day are the hottest day since years ago) then I would have whipped my clothes off and gone bare assed out there!  I bet you're glad you didn't meet me Friday morning then!

So there I was, waiting to see if all were going, which they were of course, what's a bit of rain, our skin is waterproof! I knocked on Shalini's door to find that she is running a tad late, so I got into my car, already soaked and drove to Normans park.  There were quite a few parking spaces when I got there, well that rain kept coming down! The walk up to the start of the park run really soaked me even more and I tried to run a bit, then I heard a voice behind me say "Hang on, we're coming too", I looked behind me and it was Loulou and Terry.  We were joined by Auriol and Tracy, we all walked in the rain to the top of the park! And yes, my Garmin, kicked in and told me I was doing exercise, another little nugget in my Garmin bank!

We found our other friends, RefMichael and CarolWithAnE, although C.W.A.E is still not able to run yet, but she is determined to get back to it!  She was also standing there with an umbrella!  After the big cheers for the volunteers and the milestone runners (I am sure we were really noisy when it came to RefMichaels name) we waited for the off!  Andy was RD this morning and he soon got us underway!
RefMichael!

I started my Garmin, started my feet running and started the negative thoughts as that first little pain in my knee said "oi, what you think you're doing?"  Yup, that's right, I am having slight problems with my knees!  It's just a pain, a sharp one second pain in my knees.  Mainly in my left knee!  I am hoping that it's because I have put on weight! Running with extra pounds hanging off me, it's not easy.  I am hoping it's that anyway, because anything else I just don't want to think about it!

In the end, I walked most of this weeks parkrun, with Tracy running beside me, I did a couple of little running sections, but I though I would be sensible, just enjoy being their for RefMichaels 100th parkrun.  I finished the run/walk in Garmin time of 47:22 and parkrun time of 48:47, still under 50 minutes, so I am quite pleased with that, plus it's another parkrun done!


No comments:

Post a Comment