Monday 15 July 2019

Monday Kicking Ass

Hello readers.

It's been a while, I've been away.  I took my running shoes, my leggings, my running pants, my sports bra and my club top on holiday too.  They had a lovely break in the different places from here to Lands end. I am sure my running gear had a lovely 10 long day rest.....in my suitcase!  That's right, I didn't even get them out!  So now I am back, (got back yesterday) and now I am at least 100 pounds heavier than I was before I left!  It was such a lovely break!  I promised myself that I would get my ass back in to shape......not this floppy ass that I have now!  There is only one way to do it, and that is......Just do it!  I can't rely on this magic potion or pill to be created by the scientists that will make us all super fit and healthy and slim!  I just have to go and work hard at it! 

I thought about going out this morning, but with 10 days worth of washing to do, it didn't happen, besides I really am not a morning person!  So it was this evening that I had planned to do something.  Fortunately for me, Naggy text the Normans Angels group to see if anyone wanted to go for a run.  Company, it's always good with company, not that we run at the same pace, but we travel together, we talk on the way there, we encourage each other, we can see each other at various parts of the park.  It's just better than being by yourself.  We both bought our music, Naggy also brought along Benji too, he is getting used to these runs now, and I am sure he is beginning to love them.

Because I've been away we had a lot to catch-up on and so we walked that first bit of the park.  From Hook Farm end of Norman park to the play park at the other end.  Benji was in need of a run, he was not happy about this walking malarkey and wanted to run, so Naggy had to go just before we got to the park!  I quickly got all my gadgets up and working, my Garmin......did I tell you I bought a lovely new one......and my Jabra ear phones with my music playing..  I started to run just after the park.  It's not going to be three miles, but I might try and make it a bit more than just two laps by doing the parkrun route of going across the park by the water!  I expect Naggy would be doing her planned 3 miles of running, if Benji is up for it!

So that was it. two 'B' shapes of the park, I am including my little walk in this bit, if it's recorded it happened!  Of course that goes the other way, I did a load more walking on my holiday than is shown on my Garmin site, but because we stopped and sat, and looked at all the fantasitic places, and looked out at see, well, my watch just did not pick it up that I was being that active!  Oh well.

So, a 2.40 mile run with a .28 warm up walk to begin with, not quite three miles, but not bad for a start....I need to continue now!  Thank goodness for club run tomorrow!

Heres my geeky stats..

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/3848653952' title='Bromley Running' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment