Tuesday 16 July 2019

Club run - Group 1

Hello readers.
Group 1

Tuesday evening, one of my favourite times.  It's club running day.  Running with PWR is the only that that keeps me motivated to keep on running, I am just so glad I run with the bestest club around!  Auriol was in the lead today, as was established in our Whatsapp group.  Also Naggy made her excuses to not run today.  #she was not budging for her decision, but Shalini did!  She was first to put up in the group that she may  not be going!  It's too hot shes says!  Nah, that is not a good excuse or reason from not getting your running gear on and out of that door!

Me and Shalini drove to pick up Tracy and then we were off to the rec.  We saw SnappyH just entering the rec as I parked drove up the road to park the car.  Wendimoo was just coming out of J.J.s house ready for our run.  It's great, all gathering at the rec.  We are such a big club now, there are loads of us.  I decided to stay in group 1, especially after the week holiday, I also ran yesterday, so its all good.  I was glad to see Dee there, me and CaroleWithAnE had persuaded her to come along to a Petts Wood runners club night.  Third time now, a fully paid up member and enjoying it! Running with a club really does give you motivation.

Aurial took us on the usual group 1 route around the woods.  We only do 3 miles in group run, so we are kind of restricted to which paths we take that will add up to the 3 miles.  But it doesn't matter, because just running through the woods is just what is needed.  It was a bit mugging in the woods, SnappyH had put up a reminder in our Facebook page about 'Jungle Formula' insect repellent.  It's smells disgusting but I brought it along and sprayed myself one we got out of the car!  We will only have to suffer the smell one way!  But I think it was totally necessary, I would have been breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, snacks and binge eating for the bitey little blighters! I shared with my friends too!

I opted to sweep, I like to sweep, no matter what group I am in, group 1, 2 or 3 I opt to sweep! I feel comfortable at the back, unless I am leading of course.  I enjoyed my run this evening, just chatting and talking to Wendimoo, Tracy and some new faces too.  Our cub continues to grow! My run today, wasn't particularly fast, but it was such fun.  Love club days, it reminds me of why I continue to run!

Three miles done this evening, over a lovely route with some very lovely people!  What more could anyone ask!
Auriol with her girls!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/3852421281' title='Club Run - group 1' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

photos from Auriol

No comments:

Post a Comment