Wednesday 6 June 2018

Thursday Evening Core Training

Hello blog readers

I'm catching up with my blog writing now!  So this is about last Thursday evening. Our club core and speed training had begun a couple of weeks before hand, this was the third week.  Of course I was busy getting over a weekend away with the Old Boy, plus the weeks holiday I had prior to that!  I was feeling like a plumpy mcplumpster, from plant plump!  Seriously, my weight had gone up by half a stone!  I really need to do something about this!  So I decided that I will do as much as I could do, but of course I had in mind that just after this, on the Saturday, I had the Harvel to do, (blog already written up and published!)

As it happened, IllustriousLeader was taking the session, and as she says, with an iron paw in a velvet glove!  It wasn't going to be all skipping an giggles!  No, she had a plan and she made us work!  It seem to be such a long time ago we were doing our core training, of course it was, in fact it was a whole year ago!  I do enjoy these sessions though! 

IllustriousLeader had us running around the green for a warm up, twice! Although I only done one as I was just a tad late!  Then it was our skipping and butt kicking to the cones to really warm our muscles up, because after that the speed session started.  I.L. split us in to two groups, faster runners and the slower runners!  She then took over to the cricket pitch and place five cones about 10 feet on the outside of the pitch, one each corner and then one as a starting point!  The aim was that the slower runners run around the pitch as close to the roped off area as possible while the faster runners run around the cones, thus running further, but giving us a chance of winning!

It makes both teams really try hard to get around the pitch and make it back to your team  as quick as you can so the next person can run around.  It really is a great way to race against the faster runners, and you feel like you are really competing with them too!

We (the slower runners) lost both times we did it mind, but that is not the point we tried and had fun!  After that it was the core training bit.  Now it had been raining quite hard just a day or two before and the ground was slightly damp still.  But we did some squats, star jumps, lunges for our legs, and then I.L. did get us to get down and do some planks and push ups!  We are hard core!

To finish off we had a par luffs, or relay running for the last 8 minutes of course followed by cool down stretches!  Brilliant!  I didn't over do it, or at least I thought I didn't, but the following day and on Harvel day by legs felt like lead!  So it must be good for me, right!


No comments:

Post a Comment