Thursday 7 June 2018

Doing The Double On Thursday! Run and Talk!

Hello readers.

It's been a while since I've done a double session on a Thursday, but today I did!  I really enjoyed both sessions too.

I turned up at the rec this morning around 9:30 am, I knew that Carol was going to be there but I wasn't sure how many others would be.  As it happened, in my group this morning it was just the two of us.  DiscoRich had a large group of athletes to take out, he had two groups combined!  Anyway, it was just me and Carole and when we were ready we followed the faster runners out of the gate!  We were heading for the woods of course!

Carole really enjoyed the Rhododendron corridor last time we ran down there, so I decided to run that way again, only this way in the opposite direction!  For me, things look just slightly different when you run routes 'backwards'  I remember IllustriousLeader, a good few years ago, saying that she ran routes in the opposite direction and generally nobody noticed!  I know I didn't that's for sure!  So it was going to be a bit of a mystery tour, if I couldn't work out which path to take!

The best thing about running when there is only two of you is that you do talk!  We chatted and chatted, as we ran together, I had to keep on stopping though, to make sure we were heading in the right direction!  I stopped and then turned around to make sure, it certainly seemed we were on the right track.  When I saw those big pink blooms then I knew I hadn't gone the wrong way!  It looks even better, is there even more flowers?  It certainly looked like there were.  Of course my camera came out, just to take this selfie of the two us.



I was hoping that maybe this will be the day we see the illusive Woodman!  It has been several years now since that time with MichelleC, that we saw him that time in the woods.  Had our minds been playing tricks on us, was he really there, and if he was, was he really as 'adonis looking' as he is now in our minds?  Maybe it was just luck that we saw him there that day, or maybe it was some other completely random guy doing some work in the woods!  Well, me and Carole didn't get to see him this time round either!  Oh well.

We ran along the top of the woods and we saw a couple of the other runners running by themselves.  They decided that they wanted to run through the woods too!  I had no idea where DiscoRich was taking this group then!  We didn't stop chatting, talk about #runandtalk, it is great therapy!  We we soon running down Goss Hill!  The miles seem to just disappear.  We did some walking too!  Well, it had to, I am sure you wouldn't believe it was me writing this if there was no walking involved!  One day maybe!

I really had a great run through the woods, it was just perfect, and it's given me a bit more confidence that to think about doing that route with group 1 on Tuesday!  Its only just over 3 miles and we managed to get through it within the hour!  We shall just have to go out and try it!

Back through Dog Poo Ally and then run to the rec.  A good stretch out, still chatting, but most of all still smiling!  A Perfect run! And I really did need it too, I was trying to stay calm and collected!  I had a dentist appointment today, and I am really not that good with Dentists! 

Geeky stats



Thursday Evening Core Training

So here's the double! You didn't think it was just run and talk did you?  Seven thirty, on the rec with about 14 others!  You know, we are not the only ones that use the rec!  There is another little running group that meets there!  Can you believe it!?  Why they have not come and joined us in PWR is a mystery to me, after all we are the bestest group around! But we don't mind sharing the green, there is also a few guys practising the cricketing skills, the dog walkers of course, and the tennis courts were pretty busy too!

DiscoRich was taking the session today, he seemed very strict, no nonsense, completely opposite from his wife, IllustriousLeader, who lead last week!  It's great having different leaders each week, you get a different work out each time!  

The session started of course with the two lap jog around the green then the warm up drills to get us ready for the first running session.  And that was pyramids.  DiscoRich had laid our 5 lots of three cones, and then put us in five groups.  I am sure you all know the pyramid running but now, the order was , run to 1, back, then 2, back, then 3, back then 2, back then 1.  We all did that twice!  DiscoRich hadn't put us in 'equal' teams, so there were not faster runners mixed in with the slower runners "It's not a race" he said "Just do as much as you can" he said.  Well, of course, every year, it is always a race, even if us in the slower groups just tell ourselves that we are racing, and racing against then others without telling them! Well, us in the slower team didn't win!  Even with our "...only run to the first cone" strategy!

Core training was next, some lunges, planks, pushups, squats.  It's all good, I can really feel it in my legs!  Surely I must be doing it right!  It must be working soon, the weight and the toning must start making some improvement now, surely!?

Speed session after that, well, as speedy as us in Group 1 can go, to do the relay running.  With a warm down lap of the Green, or in our case, a small circle around the cricket pitch, ready to do the stretches!  A great session, can't wait for next week, I wonder who is leading!?




No comments:

Post a Comment