Tuesday 12 June 2018

Park Run - First after the Beginners Graduation!

Hello blog lovers,

Sorry just a quickie as I forgot to write it up last Saturday, but I did park run, for the first time since we started the beginners group way back in April.  But since the beginners grad I have been on holidays and eaten quite a bit, drank quite a bit, had the odd cigarette or two!  (I know, but getting my head straight again now)  So Tracy picked me up as my car needed petrol and we drove to Normans park.

We met all our usual buddies there, and Amy was actually doing her Graduation parkrun too!  She had missed it on the original one and she must have been here there and everywhere, so this was her graduation.  Naggy Neighbour was there too, she had bought her mum and Chocs along as it was a special run for the NHS, (she works for them by the way) it's the 70th birthday if I remembered rightly, and we had some of the wonder NHS staff running with us, one lady even had on the old style nurses uniform on. 

I think that was about it for that run, I didn't get a pb or anything, blimmin slow really, 40:14 I think it was.  But still, I got up and did it, better than most of the country sitting on their couches, or still lying in bed!

Geeky stats..

No comments:

Post a Comment