Tuesday 6 December 2016

Club Run - Move Up Week!

Hello blog lovers

Club night tonight. I do love club night.  It's also move up week so my group today was a smaller one! Just 6 of us running in group 1, it does make me feel proud seeing them all move up to the higher group.

In group one today there was, J.J. LittleJ, Chris, Tanya and Charlotte, you may remember Charlotte from my Thursday Morning blog.  We were all in need of a good run, just to run out the day. Whether its been a hard emotional day, long hours working, crap crapity crap day or just a wonderful day, that a run would be the cherry on the top!  I hadn't really planned a route and I was thinking about it all the while, driving along to the rec.  I decided on one of the routes that we hadn't done for ages......in fact we have only ever run it once before, but I do remember it had hills in there!  Just a couple of short ones!

I stood out front and gave my directions to the PWR's looking nice and twinkly in my arm bands and ONE shoe lace! (the other one packed up again!) Then after all the other leaders gave out their directions and pace we all went over to our numbered stakes.  My group did look smaller, group 1's rank seemed to have swelled as it accomadated my group 1 move-uppers. It was soon time to get running!

Now, as I had only just decided on this route I obviously had had a chance to look at the route on line, to check it all out, re-acquaint myself with the road names.  It is going to be a all done on recognition, once we get there.  The thing is, my memory is just awful, which is why I always write my blogs up, so that I know how well or bad my exercises are going!  I just need to remember to look back at them though, to help with my mojo!  Our first hill was Birchwood, we ran all the way to the top!  Yeah, we're bad, we're hard core, we can get to the top non stop! But we did have a little walking section one we got to the top and turned left, just while we all stuffed back our lungs into our bodies.  We ran all the way to the first road on the right, Marlings Park Ave.  Don't it sounds just so posh! Avenues always do, Park Avenue, Shaftsbury Avenue! Stick a number in front of it and it still sounds posh! Anyway, I digress as usual.  We ran along there and then turned left.  We were going to do a loop and then back up the Avenue after that, if I don't get lost!

I kept looking at all the road signs that we came across and just hoped that they triggered a memory in my one functional brain cell I keep around in my head. So far so good, it all came back to me just as I hoped.  It was also coming back to one or two of the others as well.  "This is the route with the cat!" I think Tanya said that, Chris also remembered the cat too, and the J.J. remembered the cat!  I am so glad it's not just me that is forgetful these days!  But what they did forget was the hills!  Even the little short sharp one that I asked if they wanted to run up it 2 more times the first time around!  This evening though I only suggested that they might want to do it once,,,,,,,more!  The second time going up though, we all ran it, the first time we all WALKED it, which is why I got us to do it again!

The loop finished and we ran back along Opington Road towards the round about.  Then it was all the way down towards Petts Wood.  Tanya needed to leave us at Crossways.  Usually I never send runners back alone, but this is the road near the rec anyway, the finish line! We said goodbye to her and we continued up the hill to the memorial Hall and then right on Towncourt and then right again on to Kingsway.  A nice little down hill section to finish the route!  Nice!  A good run today with some lovely ladies!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment