Sunday 28 August 2016

Solo Run!

Hello blog lovers,

Finally, I've been on a solo run!  Was I as tough on my self as Naggy would have been  or even the Old boy?......Nah! Was I as tough on myself as I am with my group 1 runners, or my other running buddies?.......Hmmmm So so! I was just happy that I was finnaly out!

That mojo really does help with the running!  I don't know what it is, and if I did I would bottle it and make a blimmin fortune out of it by selling the stuff!  I had to get up real early......well, 7 in the morning, just so that I could wake up and prepare for my run.  The Old Boy was up as well, he was going cycling for 20 or so miles.  Me, I was really thinking about creeping back into my pit!  It, looked like it was going to rain! But that still, quiet voice in my head said "Get out there now, any little tiny excuse not to go any you will take it!" So there I was wresting with myself,  "Come on Old Girl, get out there for goodness sake!"

So I procrastinated a tad more before I finally got out of the house!  My music in my ears and I headed up to Farringdon Ave and promptly stopped and turned around!  The ear phones fell out of my ears!  I wasn't feeling it, they were the wrong ones.  I couldn't possibly run with these ones. I couldn't find my 'sports' ones just these old round shaped Ipod earphones!  They just dont do it for me!  I went back and looked some more, for my others.  I still couldn't find them but I found the newer 'weird' shaped earphones that came with my Iphone!  A quick change over, and reset my Garmin and started again!

I was just going to do my usual plod to Turpington and back.  Not going to beat myself up, just run and have some fun with it!  With that in mind I plodded on my way.  It was about 08;05 and I was out on a Sunday morning running by myself!  Well, I wasn't smiling! But I wasn't feeling like I want to go back and not bother!  I was thinking, when I got to the top of my road, "I can't wait to be coming back down this way!"  And for me, that's a big plus, because any other time I have tried to do a solo run I suddenly had things that needed doing!

It wasn't my fastest time around this route, but.....blimey, I gotta stop using 'but', that word is just as bad as 'an excuse' but I don't know what else to use!  I wasn't planning on running my ass off, not like I did yesterday, today was just all about me getting out on my own again, and looking for my mojo, which I am sure is not really in Naggy's tummy.  I think she will be safe next time we go out running together!

Running along Oxhawth towards Farringdon Ave was lovely, had this perfect tune playing on my Ipod that just kept me at a perfect pace, it was 'Can't you See' by the Allman Brothers Band.  For me it was a perfect running tune.  Just as I was crossing Lovelace I heard a someone behind me, in a car!  It was Naggy herself!  Blimey, now was I running or walking when she saw me!  I just don't know, I must have been running, yeah, I think I was!  I stopped and went over to her car and chatted to her, and I told her that I wasn't going to fast, just nice to get out and do you know what she said......well....she said "You worked hard yesterday, you shouldn't be knocking yourself out today!"  Well that was music to my ears, it was like having a free choccie bar or something!  After I said goodbye to her I put that tune back on just so that I could run at that pace again.  I actually ran down Farringdon Avenue with a smile, it felt like the old days, the days when I used to dance along to some of my tunes and thoroughly enjoy my running solitude!

I got back to my house and stretched out in my garden, and then just relaxed for a couple of minutes before I went for a shower.  But before that happened the Old boy came back from his ride and asked me to go with him.  He had lost his cycling rain jacket!  He wanted to take the car and drive the route the he tooke, from the place he noticed it was gone to the last place he saw it!  Alas we didn't find it!  We stopped off for a takeaway coffee and Costa's in Petts Wood and who should I be standing behind, but  the Petts Wood Runners Sunday coffee runners! They had just finished their run and we going to indulge in a coffee and treat!

Here's my geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment