Sunday 28 February 2016

Three Runs And A Curry!

Hello blog lovers.

I have a lot of writing to do!  I have had an extremely busy time just lately!  Totally unlike me I know, so my writing had to take a back stand.  Three very shortened versions of three very different runs.

Wednesday

The start of a busy days!  After Toddler group I met up with Tanya, we are working on getting her faster and fitter, and then she will join in Group 0.  We started off our session with 4 mins of running and two mins of walking.  We are really going for it, she is also going to be coming back to the beginners course and working hard there as well.

We ran around the park twice with in the 5 lots of walk/run sessions with a slight detour to Normans Park Track, as we wanted to see it.  She did really well and I hope gave her some confidence that she can do it!  She had told me that she had been running by herself while we haven't been meeting up, which is all good.  That's determination, that's what is going to make her fit!

Wednesday Night

Ok, so this  strictly wasn't about running, but it was running related.  One of our members in PWR had a brilliant idea of all meeting up for a curry!  So 60 of us said yes!  Now how can 60 people all book a table at the local curry house? Well the answer is it's not possible really. but we can book the restaurant for the night!  How cool is that!  We all met up at The Sovereign Of The Seas pub for a swift pint (although I had coke as I was driving!) and then we all walked out of one door and into next door were the restaurant was!  

A fab night was had by all.  Here is just a couple of photos!

Me, DottyKat and J.J.

J.J. Michelle, Nicola, Sue and Wendimoo

DiscoRich, sue, Wendimoo and Trish



Thursday Morning

I met up at the rec with DiscoRich and all the others.  The faster group had planned to have a mid-run stop at a coffee shop today, just for a change.  But I couldn't plan to meet up with them, but I did give the rest of the my group the option of going there too with the route that I had planned, although none of the ladies wanted to do that.

I took the middle of the woods path, my plan was to run down Goss hill.  I should remember to check the mileage on my Garmin sites so that I know exactly where to run because I had forgotten!  So the run  was a bit of a mystery tour, just see where we ended up and how long we had ran for.  

It was still pretty sticky in the woods, I was glad that I bought my old trainers to run in, especially as I was taking Kirsty out for coffee, so I needed nice clean trainers for after my run.  We were doing pretty well with our running, and I felt sure that we were running more, but it was still slow going through the sticky muddy stuff. 

We had ran down Goss Hill and along the river, the sun had been out but it had crept behind cloud.  It was still a a perfect day for running.  By the time we got up to the railway lines I realised that we were going to be short of a 5k run.  So I quietly said to the girls "So we shall be turning left here and going back up"  I said it very quietly, and I wasn't sure if they heard me, it was just going to be a surprise for them!

But they managed it pretty well.  there was a lovely tree up her, and I took it as a great photo opportunity, (and a quite stop!)  but I am sure you agree, it really is a lovely tree!

Tracey, me and Diane

Tracey, Dianne and Trish


This path took us right up to the top of the woods again, and then we had the joy of running all the way down the middle path to Dog Poo ally!  A great run, great company and they still smiled even after I made them run to the top of the woods twice!


There wasn't anytime to run in the evening as I had to alter my dress for a Ball I was going on Saturday!  Kirsty's Ball, it was to raise awareness and funds for cystic Fibrosis and St Christophers Hospice!  

Beginners Course!

Our twice yearly beginners course started this Saturday!  Of course I jumped at the chance to help out, to be ready to encourage all those new people wanting to get them selves fit!  But this time was slightly different, as this time I was one of the leaders, one of those who actually stand out there and let them all know what they will be doing and then doing it with them!  On top of that, after me and Sherry had a worked out a schedule, I was to be the one to take the lead on this first week!  How scared did I feel!

I shouldn't have been worried, Sherry was there with me, DiscoRich was there, he actually introduced us all to the eager runners, and there was also PhysioMike and Trish.  But it was still scary!  I had hope they all hadn't noticed too much at how much I was shaking in my boots, there were 61 pairs of eyes on me, waiting, probably just as anxious as I was with what was in store for them, but all there ready to start at new chapter in their lives.

I tried not to waffle on too much as it was quite a chilly morning, but to see so many people on a chilly morning was positively encouraging for all of us a PWR!  I was  given a whistle by DiscoRich, which  I was pleased about as I thought my whistling through my fingers probably wouldn't show my leadership skills to their max, and I got the session under way!

The session was a walk around the green twice followed by drills and then the walk run which for the first one was 1 min running and 5 minutes walking!  I know it probably sounds quite a lot of walking, but for someone who has never ran before just running for the 1 minute is going to be a challenge, having a five minute walking break after that is something good to focus on!

Five times we did the run/walk around the green followed by a cool down stretches.  First session done of the first week of the first beginners course this year!  And my first time being the leader on a beginners course!  What a brilliant feeling that was!  I just love this running club!

  

1 comment: