Tuesday 9 February 2016

Club Running - Hill Surprise!

Hello blog lovers!

After yesterdays storm Imogen, meaning inactivity for me, I was looking forward to getting out, burning a few more calories, thats how I am seeing it at the moment!  My weight loss regime is going really well....shhhhh, I won't saying anymore in case that plateau thingy happens!

I wasn't sure how many I would have in my group today, it had turned rather cold this evening, after have a lovely sunny day, a case of calm after the storm!  Plus it was really raining earlier, that always puts people off too.  But one thing about being a leader, it does give you motivation to get to the rec!

I had planned doing our first route, up Birchwood and the then right, and then cross over to take the left turn.  The little hill is what we use to do a tiny bit of hill training when we run this way.  There were 6 of us today, Janet, Auriol, Jenny, Chris, Casey (I think that was her name, I have a lousy memory) and me of course.  We made our way out of the park and up the hill, the first of the hills.

At this point I still had it in mind to do the usual route, even with running up the little hill a couple of times, just to get them working hard.  But when I got to Tillingbourne Green I looked across the street and started thinking about going around the green.  It's got a couple of cheeky little hills as well as a nice down hill.  It will give us a work out, especially if we take a running sprint up them!

Well, you could say they were not expecting that!  I wasn't even expecting that, but it is good to mix things up a bit!  I know on a thursday I have been known to change routes, take a different path, head off in a different direction, but usually Tuesdays I do try to stick the route that I said!  The girls were looking at the task ahead, and there were mumblings in the ranks when I said that we are going to sprint up the hills!  Do you know what!  They all did blimming brilliant!  They all got up there, the improvised hill training route didn't phase 'em one little bit!  Piece of cake!

After we ran around the green we still had the little hill to do!  Of course it was another sprint up the hill.  As I had changed the route I didn't know how far we would have to go after running down and up Petts Wood road.  Whether we turn down, Towncourt, Manor or Silverdale road depends on what the distance is when we get there.  I am trying to make sure that our distance is between 3 - 3.5 miles, I know last week I short changed them!  I surprise the didn't lynch me for depriving them of their full 3 miles!

It was Silverdale road that we chose, that would get us back with in time and having done over three miles!  We all stayed together, it was a nice tight run today, even with those cheeky little hills!

Geeky stats for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment