Wednesday 19 November 2014

The Merge!

Hello blog lovers.

Yes, it's late, but I have my reasons!  First off, this blog is about yesterdays run!  I didn't run today, totally manic day and only just found five minutes to sit down now!  And second, well, read first excuse, there really was no time for running or cycling today! And thirdly, it had been a bit of a tough day, I was glad to have my great nephew to have for the morning, help me smile! And ive been thinking about my mum. My inspiration for my running!  The reason why I started running was because of her, and I miss her like f***!  My mum!

My mum, very rarely angry.
miss you mum xxx


So, down to it.  Yesterday we saw the beginners who 'graduated' from the Saturday morning session and also the group 0 members are going to be there.  Because of the beginners being there the route is going to be a nice and fairly easy going route, just under the 3.5 miles that we normally do, with maybe a couple more extra stops!  All perfect conditions for group 0 members, who I know can quite easily run along happily in group 1.

ZippySherry was taking the lead today, with Illustrious Leader taking the middle and me at the back!  We had about 35-40 runners in group 1! It was an incredible number!  After the announcements were done, we were all set off.  It really was a super group!  Three groups merging into one!  Fantastic!  What a brilliant club I run with!

So with me firmly planted at the back I ran along, smiling, looking at all the runners going down Crossways!  After about half a mile there was a noticeable divide in runners!  But not group 1, zeros and beginners, there was a mixture of all three groups splitting into two groups.  When we got to Petts Wood, on the other side of the walking bridge, we thought it would be better to stick with the two groups.  So ZippySherry took off twith some of he faster group 1 members, some newly fledged beginners and some group 0's and the other group ran along with Ilustrious leader and me, bringing up the back end!

The evening was a bit damp, and it was affecting one of our runners.  I know that she can do the distance, but sometimes different circumstances has an effect on you, and the damp weather, evening time is all playing its part in making our runner have a bit of a hard time!  But I remember her saying that Paula Radcliffe is an asthma sufferer, which I didn't no, so she will not be using that as an excuse to give up, but it does help her decide as to which group she will be best suited to.

And that is what this first run after graduation is all about, seeing how group 1 feels, maybe even some of them want to go just that bit faster and try group 2 or even three next week, or whether, during these darker colder nights, maybe getting out at 7 and home to recuperate earlier will be more suited to them.

Me and the last runner had decided that we would cut the run shorter than the others and make our way back to H.Q, (Willet rec!) where we will do our stretches as we wait for the others.

After that however, we had a club task to do, and that was to hand over the cheque to St. Christophers Hospice, Bromely, money raised from our Petts Wood runners 10k, £4,000.00!!! We were well chuffed handing over that, in the pub, One Inn the Wood, our favroutie wood to hang about in!  Here is a couple of pictures! Oh and geeky stats at the end.









No comments:

Post a Comment