Saturday 22 November 2014

Solo run!

Hello blog lovers.

Yesterday I went for a very gentle easy jog around.  I was planning on doing at least 5 miles, but it didn't happen like that. I started off, it was a greyish morning, and I really thought it was going to rain.  I set my Garmin and ran.  I was planning on going up the dreaded A21 and the along to Locksbottom and then down to Crofton before coming home.

I was still feeling pretty tight from Thursday track session, which is why I just wanted to do a nice gentle jog but still put in some extra miles.  I was also a little tired but I knew that once I was underway that would soon shake off.

As I was running along Southborough lane, and I started to think that maybe I should have just take a mile or so off as I really was still achy.  Maybe I should have taken the day off as a rest day and left it until the Saturday to do a run, but of course, I had the day free and I just have to do it, I had to run!

I just got to Turpington to lane, and was looking at it thinking "Maybe just run down there to the A21, instead of from the top here"  I almost talked myself out of doing what I set out to do and then I had a phone call.  It was my mother in law, she needed me to do something for her, it seems that I probably wasn't destined on Friday to do much more than a gentle 3 mile jog after all!

I turned down Turp and then Greenway, my old 'usual' 5k route.  As I was cutting short my run I tried to do my best to do some quality running, but still not beat myself up if I don't, I shall leave that for the track!

It was a good run, I was pleased that i went out for a jog but I was equally pleased that I didn't do more that the 5k, it just wasn't meant to be.  Rest days are just as good as run days.  I think I will try and do something else on my rest days though, get back on my bike!  Do some nice rides around before school pick up time!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment