Thursday 6 November 2014

...And Two On Thursdays!

Who's afraid of mud/!
Hello blog lovers.

What a beautiful morning it was!  A perfect running morning.  Of course I was going to go through the woods, I knew it would be a bit muddy, but what's a bit of mud between friends.  I met up with the other PWR's at Willet rec, DiscoRich and his group and me with mine!  The group 1'ers outnumbered the group 2-3's today!  There were six of us all together, all looking forward to a lovely run.

I heard DiscoRich saying he was going to Scadbury and that is where I was planning to be 'touching' on after we had ran about Petts Wood and Tong farm.  Going to Scadbury, of course means going up towards the Tigers Head!  Using that whole mantra thing  on the way up, and hopefully I sounding convincing, "I love hills, I love hills" with every step.  At first  I said it quietly, to my self in my head, but then I started to say it loudly.  I really needed it to sound convincing!  "Hills?" the girls said to me questionably.  I kind of smiled at them.  In fact I thought they were all running so well that if on the last bit of Botany Bay they got to the top and there were still of us (me)  behind, then they should turn around and come back down again to meet us (me) and then run back up!  I got a few looks and a few remarks about that suggestion!

We just love this house, right
in the middle of Botany Bay


I tried to keep the ladies in the woods for as long as possible.  I think it's a lot better for us, the fresh air, no car fumes, and the miles just don't even notice.  Pavements are for when it is absolutely necessary, when the woods really are totally impassable!  So when we popped out of our bit of Scadbury park, Dawn, Denise and Michelle started to run towards the road, so I called them back so that we could continue using the last bit of 'leafy path'. Ok, so it was only just a few yards more, but it's our few yards, just a tiny bit more of pollution free running!

Running along Chislehurst road is inevitable but as soon as I saw the opening into the woods on the other side of the road we crossed over and then finished our run down.  The ladies had a great run, we were all running pretty well and mainly all kept together well.  I am feeling really positive about my running at the mo, and I am hoping that I shall get fitter and then I can start putting an extra mile or two a week into my long runs on Sundays.  That half marathon is only a few months away now!  And who knows, they could be other races or activities that are in the pipeline!

Geeky stats




Track Session

Hels and PhysioMike have a timed session planned today.  'So Lets Go Running' crew were also joining us as well, as part of their monthly track sessions.  There was also a film crew at the track, so  there were quite a few people about.  They were filming Dina Asher_Smith, a local girl, world junior 100m  champion!  And she does run like the wind!  But in our group there were about 35, a very big group.  

After the warm up drills, which also included, first off, a run on the grass which we had to climb the bank, as Dina and her entourage were still busy on the track.  Climbing up there was a challenge!  It was a bit slippy!  I didn't fancy trying to come down it, so I ran all the way around and as it neared the last 100m it sloped down, so I decided to not run back the same way and to just walk up past the changing rooms, I should be ready for the rest of the warm up drills.

The session today sounded, well, it sounded easy!  I thought I would just breeze the first bit at least!  The session was run hard for 20 sec, then stop, or walk for 10, then run hard for 90 seconds and the rest for 10 seconds and then run for 4 minutes with a 4 minute break before doing it all again!

The 20 second blast I thought would be easy as I just flew off the line, thinking "I shall be at least half way round"  Yeah right! Just half way through that first 20 seconds I was wondering when Hels would be blowing her whistle for the stop!  It's quite hard running to run hard you know!  And it's something that my body isn't used to.  My mind is, in my mind I fly around easily 5k's 10k's even thinking I could do marathons in 5 hours!  But then again in my mind I also think I sound like Whitney Houston when I belt out "I Will Always Love You!"

On the last rep (we did three by the way) I was chatting to one of SLGR members, Mel.  She thought I had some gizmo or new fandangled step counter attached to me, but I had to tell her "Actually, it's my shoe,  I have ran them to death" I am sure it's the death cry of my shoes!, it's just this annoying 'click, click, click" every time I land on my right foot.  I won't tell you what one of my group 0 ladies thought the noise was!

I was really pleased to hear the whistle blow to start the last 4 mins of hard running.  I have tried my hardest, but I know I could have done better!  I know I could have ran just that little bit harder!  Next time, you'll see, I shall try just that little bit more!  And that's the way I shall keep on with my track sessions.  Really work as hard as I can, and then try to work even harder the next week!

A truly brill running day today.  Another rest day tomorrow, and I my next running will be Saturday with the beginners group, their last session before ParkRun!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment