Monday 10 November 2014

Getting Bims Back To Running.

Hello blog lovers

It's week seven (well 8 actually because we missed a week) but still week 7 training day.  9 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking!  Tracy couldn't make it today, so her time will be tomorrow! But I have dragged Bims out of her house, instead of laying in bed, dipping her toast in her tea while watching crappy Jerry Kyle, I persuaded her to come along.  I know that she can do this session, it's not as if she has been totally idle for the past 6 months, I think she did push a broom about, but this should shake out the cobwebs

ChattyWendi was there, totally eager to get going.  She had warmed up on the way to the park today, so I suggested that we start off with a run first, 9 minutes of running then do the 1 minute walking.  It really is a perfect day for running and there are quite a few people out and about doing their daily constitutionals.  A little community happening right there in the park, all keeping fit, or keeping their dogs fit!

That first 9 minutes seemed to go by so quickly, and we all kept pace together, keeping up with ChattyWendi keeping us focused on our running while we listen to her.  I don't know how she does it, when I first started to run I could barely breath let along talk, even now when I run along in group 1, I can just about join in a conversation, and that's only because of the scheduled catchup stops!  But somehow ChattyWendi can do it, she keeps a constant pace.  I think it's her way of controlling her breathing.  She even says that when she is on her own, she goes fast, doesn't talk and then burns out to quickly!

I looked at Bims and she is doing well, at least, there is no pained look on her face!  The badminton has been keeping her fitness up, although jogging is a different type of fitness!  Bims has plans of entering Tough Mudder! So I think the training for that should start......well, last week! I think a weekly dose of core training, and stuff like that would also be advisable!

We covered 2 laps of the park in the time of the session, we didn't go across the grass as it was way to muddy and slippy, but it was a very good session.  We got back to the car with only the 1 minute left of walking to do with maybe a few seconds left of the last run, but ChattyWendi will be continuing her run as she heads on home, and me and Bims, well, we will be doing one more lap of the park!  Tough Mudder, here she comes!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment