Thursday 20 March 2014

Solo Running, Again!

Hello blog lovers!

I guess it looks like I am billy no mates with all this solo running going on, but unfortunately I just couldn't get to the usual Thursday morning PWR run today.  So as soon as I had done what I had to do, I came back to get changed and psyched up for my Thursday run.  As I was by myself, I though I would go and do a planned four miles! 

The sun was shining, but the wind was showing it's presence! The trees were waving their branches about, and it was feeling just a tad chilly.  I knew that I would warm up so the chilliness is not going to be bothering me!  The wind might, however, reflect what I might likely feel on this run. 

I set off, satellites following me, my music blaring in my ears, and a though of "Blimey, this is only the beginning!".  No matter what, I love being out running, no matter what thoughts run through my mind.  This first bit of the run though, that first couple of steps, the look back at the door knowing I am just leaving, and knowing this is where the finish is.  That there, is the hardest bit of my running.  I saw something on facebook today, that made me smile, it was a quote, and I can't remember where I saw it, but it said 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.  And related that to my running today, 'Running has to start with the first steps'. It's a matter of fact, it's simply simple!  It may only be a short 2 mile run or it could be a marathon.  But each time I run, I know I will feel exactly like this, so it just best to start smiling from the start! Enjoy it, have some fun, throw some shapes while running along!

All of those I did on todays run!  Just at as was running down Tudor way, I had passed the left turn that could make my run just 3 miles, so I was feeling pretty pleased with my self and smug! There was a tune playing in my ears and I was raising my hand singing along with it #I love Rock n roll#. I must have looked like a complete nutter! But I was figuring that it was great advertising for running! 

I can't wait to go through the woods, I must find out from the other PWR's if the woods are at least somewhat dried out that we wont have to have our canoes to get over some of the puddles.  I looked through 'Dog Poo Ally' feeling really tempted to go through there to find out, but I thought better of it.  I need to get back, showered do stuff before I have to do lunch.

Running along Southborough Lane and I really started to feel just brilliant, again, just as my other solo run,  I took a butchers at my watch just to see what pace I was doing, and again (going down hill) it was under 11 m/mil! I started smiling to myself again.  "Ok Old Girl, don't get to smug, just enjoy the run, don't push it, you're doing just great"  were the words that I started to think.  It's ok to have a good run, but I don't want to get all blase' about it and trip or do anything silly!  So I just looked ahead and continued to run just as I have been doing.

Back onto my road and there is my door, the place I left just a little less than an hour ago.  The place where I thought, "Blimey, this just the beginning!" but now I am thinking "Wow, its the end!" I felt as if I could have gone another mile, but it has been a while since I have ran anything longer than this, so best not to, and besides I need to get lunch!

A great run today, yes it would have been nice to run with my running club pals, but still!  I really had a great run.

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment