Monday 24 March 2014

Not In A Car, Not On A Bike, But On My Feet!

Hello blog lovers.

What lovely sunshine we had this morning!  I just needed to be outside running, smiling and singing along to my tunes, it just had to be done!  I am planning on finding a half marathon to do this year as, I want to do a charity run, after all, it was doing a charity run that had started my love of running in the first place! I am not sure what charity that I shall support this year either. In the beginning it was always Cancer Research Uk, because of my mum, but my mum had supported a few charities over her time, I guess I shall have a good think and pray about it, I am sure Him upstairs will point me in the right direction, and hopefully I can choose one that my mum would have supported too.

So with my mind set on doing more than the 4 miles I did last week, I started to think about where I could run.  The woods are still a big draw for me, but I still would like to know first, that I would be able to run through them rather than tiptoe, paddle or slide through them. But  I also want to be able to get at least a tiny bit of traffic free running in.  There is only one way to go to do that, and that's to go through Jubilee Park.  Either that or Normans Park, but heading there would be quite boring, all along and back up Southborough lane!  No, Jubilee it is! 

I waited for the satellites to find me and headed off to my local park first.  I am going to be doing the four mile route in reverse but with an extra mile added to it.  Just to keep things nice and fresh, and also to stop any of those silly 'mental images' of 'mile 1, mile 2' etc!  So after I ran through my park I headed for Blackbrook Lane.  The entrance to Jubilee park is right towards the end of this road.  Later on, when I am doing more miles, I could carry on to the end and attempt to do Summer Hill! Even the thought of that sends shivers through me! *shiver*

It did feel really good running through the park. I am so looking forward to when running through the woods is going to be the 'norm' and the pavement pounding will only be for getting back to the beginning of any one run!  I was so enjoying the  traffic free bit of running that I carried on over the bridge just to prolong it for a little bit more.  I wasn't quite sure whether this would shorten my planned 5 miler, but I could always run around the block if I needed too.

Coming out onto Great Thrift I  realised that I avoided  some of the undulations of this long road.  I was wondering just how big my run around the block is going to have to be!  Running down hill towards where my running club meet up on Tuesdays, and I was smiling.  I shall be here again tomorrow, with my Hero group and group 1.  I feel so lucky that I have found a great club to run with, to keep my love of running well and truly motivated!

Just the last bit of the route, and that's after Tudor Way, turn left to run up to Shepperton Road.  There is a few more slight undulations of this bit of route, its part of SingstarJo's  (non-flat) flat route, as its affectionately called.  I was originally planning to go down Diametre road once I had got on to Crescent Road.  I checked the mileage on my Garmin and I realised that I needed to add on a bit extra.  So I ran to the end of this road, and turned left once I had got to Southborough Lane.  As I was running towards top Oxhawth I was toying with the idea of running all the way down to the Harvester to then run through my local park.  But I took a look at the time and decided that enough was enough for today.  No need to go loopy loo because I was feeling good.  Nice and easy, steady and keeping it fun! That's how to do it!

I happen to mention my 5 miler on my FaceBook and a couple of people had a little joke with me hence today's title!  No, my car wasn't slow, and no, I wasn't stopping at every single red like while riding a bike!  But yes, I was running, (not the most fastest runners of all time, I know) and I was having fun!

My geeky Stats





No comments:

Post a Comment