Wednesday 5 March 2014

Sisters, Sisters, There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters

Hello blog lovers.

Wednesday is one of my busiest day, but I still had time for a run.  I was planning on going by myself with my music, but when Nagging Sister said that she wanted to go for a run too, well, it's like the old days!  So she came round to mine after she had done her work and what not at home, and I got ready after I did my toddler group and shopping.

I had finished my bits and bobs in plenty of time, and sat down to relax and just take 5 before going to get changed.  All ways a bad thing with me!  The only time that I seemed to be able to get up and get going after sitting on my ass for any length of time is Tuesdays!  I just loved Tuesday Club nights.  So when I heard the ring on the door bell, I tried to hide from her, I have that lazitus creeping over me, and I'm thinking that maybe I shall just sit down and watch NCIS and Diagnosis Murder!

But of course N.S wouldn't allow that, and she has got herself a new Garmin 10, that she wants to try out.  The thing is, unlike me, that as soon as I got mine, I plugged it in to charge it up, she has had hers since Saturday, and she has bought it here, STILL IN IT'S BOX! We charged it up for a short while, but we shall see if it has enough charge for a 3 miler.

We were just going to do my usual Turpington turnaround route, just over the 3 miles.  The sun is shining bright, the sky is blue and it's just perfect for running.  It's good running out in the daylight, and it felt good running with just jog pants and top on as well, oh and shoes of course, I haven't started that bare foot running malarkey!

I can't wait for the summer, I love running in the daylight, I love running through the woods!  When those woods are all dried up I shall be running through there as much as I can, that's for sure! But for now, it's pavement pound with my sis.  I am feeling fat and bloated for some reason, ....... well I know the reason........its food!  I must stop eating crappy stuff and get on the good stuff!  But I feel as if I am a renewed determination now, after today, starting tomorrow (again) but ....bleh.... I'm sure you all know that saying.

I kept running for the first mile, nice and easy, as we didn't warm up, tut tut, but the weather outside was just glorious, when He puts on a good day, it really is just perfect!  The enjoyment of my running is still there, there is no negative feelings of "only one mile done, still have 2 miles to do!" it was more like "Oh, one mile done, this is soon going to be over!" Which is how I like it. 

Of course I struggled a bit around the 3 mile course, N.S. was jogging all the way, she just was virtually jogging on the spot on the odd occasions, to stay by my side. I know for sure that my weight is a bit of an issue with me.  That is something that I need to work on, still keeping my running a pleasure.  So what if I walked, I refuse to beat myself up! Even though I want to! (mutter, mutter, lazy moo, just get going) but I'm not going to!

So plodding along, doing my thing, listening to N.S. chat away, and feeling really glad that I came out running with her!  Feeling really glad that I am out running in Gods beautiful world! What's not to like, right?

Geeky stats for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment