Saturday 16 March 2013

Wet, Muddy Park Run

Hello blog lovers.

I thought I would go along to the park run today, to encourage all the newbies and beginners and to cheer them along as they do their first park run.  But it seems as if all the beginners are wanting to keep their running fun, and a joy to do, so there were only 2 beginners, unlike us, complete fanatics, who just has to get out there and run, no matter what the weather!

Well to be honest, the Parkruns I do about every month or bi-monthly but  as I wanted to get a run in during some time of the day, ParkRun is a good place to do it. I'm also glad that I had said I would be there, because if I didn't, I don't think I would have turned up today.  The weather was awful, my head felt fuzzy and heavy, and that is not because of a liquid Friday nighter either.  It's the blooming cold virus threatening me again! And with todays schedule, I don't think I would have have any time (or energy) left for a run later.

The cold thing is just going to have to wait, I haven't got time for colds today, I have a busy schedule and everything needs to be done.  1. Run, 2. home and shower,3. making and baking biscuits, 4. help to do grandsons party, 5. then clean up after grandsons party! So there is no room whatsoever for colds!

I got to the park about 5 mins to nine. I parked my car at the opposite end to the start line! So I had to quickly make my way to the other end. Oh well, a good warm up is always welcomed.  There were 195 people running today, 195 running fanatics (I just checked on the parkrun site for todays run)! All in one place, ready to squelch, splash and run their way around this 5k route.  It's a bit different from the usual Bromley 5k route, as they had to keep as much of the route on the tarmac as possible. But there is a couple of bits running on the grass......sorry.....mud!

As I wasn't needed really for being a pacer I thought I would try and do as quick as possible in these conditions going on the 'wet route'.  I weaved my way through a couple of people, something that I don't usually do, and I think maybe gave me an edge to try and push even harder.  I ended up getting a nasty stitch! I think maybe, I got up a little later than I planned and had breakfast too late!

But I kept on going as best as I could.  I don't think this will be any PB for me.  The muddy bits were very muddy! And I kept on slipping.  All I thought about was "I don't want to fall over, I don't want to hurt myself, I don't want injuries, not now!" 

I just plodded along, PhysioMike came pass me with two beginners! They were going to be getting in before me! I should have stayed with them! Instead of trying to go for a PB, as if that was going to happen in these conditions!  Mind you, with 195 brave souls running there were, if my counting is correct, 8 PB's

I shall just let you look at the geeky stats! and you can see where I started to crash and burn!, or get a stitch anyway. And also those troublesome muddy sections!



No comments:

Post a Comment