Tuesday 12 March 2013

Club Run - And Boy Was I pleased!

Hello blog lovers.

My last jog was on Sunday. I should have gone out again yesterday, (Monday) but the snow on the ground, the freezing cold biting wind and me, still with 'Party Belly' I just couldn't get the motivation to go out. Especially after the Old Boy mentioned a rack of baby pork ribs! It really was no contest. So much for my running getting in the way of my life!

But today it was club run. I had offered to help out with the beginners group again, but after that was cancelled I started to get that 'Maybe staying in the warm, wrapped up in my snuggley' feeling creeping over me. I even asked on the facebook page of PWR's if group runs were going to be happening.  Somebody saw through my 'question' and told me basically to stop moaning and get my kit on!

Of course I did.  And I was glad of it.  It didn't feel as cold as it did yesterday, in fact it was a whole 6 degrees warmer, it was 2 degrees Celsius! Ok so still pretty cold but with the wind barely noticeable it felt so much better than yesterday. 

I bagged a ride with Hitchy, she was running this evening as well, and she is very fussy about weather conditions, she will not run in the rain and cold and dark. A light rain may tempt her out if its a summer day!  But here she was, in her running gear, (her sons hat on as well!) and ready for the run.  She said that she nearly changed her mind.

A few other runners literally had to drag themselves out of their warm houses, so I didn't feel so bad.  The leaders told each of the groups where they had planned their runs, pace etc, and then we were off.  No point in hanging around too long! 

Our Illustrious Leader was leading today, and the route she had for us was just what I needed to feel good. It was a long down hill section. Perfect for warming up. First mile done, over the rail lines and down Southborough Lane. I had warmed up just after we crossed over the rail lines and was feeling really good. I was also feeling really pleased that I decided (well, cajoled, bullied and ordered) to go out running this evening.

I think that all of group 1 was feeling pretty good about this evenings run, after the threat of snow threatening to stop our running activities, just to get out and run is good.

What else can I say?! I think I have said it it all. Chatting all the way round todays course, and not having a struggle on any bit, has surprised me after my over indulgent week! So thanks Illustrious Leader, and thanks girls for chatting with me on our way around.  And thanks for all of you who told me to get my carcass off my chair and out running!

Todays group 1 geeky stats.

2 comments:

  1. There is a new challenge afoot "Old Girl" I have a few days off this week...time to take you on a training run...how does 7 (ish) miles to visit some history sound to you? If that is too short I can extend it by about a couple of miles...offer is there :-)
    Mr S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me Mr S, Wednesday (ie today) or Thursday sounds good. Or long run Sunday after church :-)

    ReplyDelete