Sunday 10 March 2013

Life! Please Take A Back Sea For A While!

Hello blog lovers.

Todays has been an eventful day! I needed a run. Three days spent in DisneyLand, .........queueing......... and eating tremendous amounts of crap! (plus watching Goofy getting bad assed with some young dude) has left me needing a run, but full, bloated and definitely wanting to turnover and go to sleep this morning.

It's mothers day, it's also my grandsons birthday, and it's Sunday! So a very busy schedule for the day. Run, church, bowling, then grandsons birthday gathering. First of though is the run. I can only fit in a very short run between all the places I need to be today. Because I know later on, (I hope) I will not be able to run for the loo!

3 miles, and yes, it's the usual route, Turp and Greenway etc. As it was this morning, (and now after mothers day drinkies) it seems such a long time ago. But I do know that getting back into my skins felt great, after that though, the feeling left.

I came down my stairs, looked out of the patio and saw a little sprinkling of snow falling! Well, I am so glad I didn't see that when I was laying in my bed! I know that I would have turned over and put in a couple more Z's.

I grabbed a cup of coffee, a banana and then chilled for a little while. I started to contemplate about today, about mothers day, about my mum, and how I came to this point in my life.  I wrote a poem for for her. I shall put it at the end, before the Geeky stats. I was ready to go running. I started my Garmin but it was taking ages looking for the satellites, so  I just stated without it  and hope they would find me soon.  Waiting to be found by technology in the freezing cold was not what I wanted to be doing, so I started my timer and just went.

It was cold, it was really cold, I was bloated, and having a total 'fat' moment, and at that moment, all I wanted to turn over in bed. But I got up, obviously, because here I am blogging!  I found it tough, like I said, bloated and totally pigged out at the all you can eat buffet of DisneyLand,  and Candy Fluff and popcorn diet that was the order of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 

It took it's toll, I puffed and heaved my ass around my 3 mile route. I was secretly pleased that Naggy Neighbour wasn't coming with me this morning! She would not be very impressed at all!  But I tried to keep going as best as I could but the bloated feeling was just with me.

Todays run was slow, but to my thinking, it's a bonus!  My running as had to fit around my life, but from tomorrow, my life needs to fit around my running!  If you want to go out with me, for a drink, grab some running shoes, and we can grab a beer/diet coke after, simples!

Well, here's the poem I wrote while I was chilling this morning before my run,

Mothers Day Poem.

I see all around me,
The things that you loved
The things that I hope
Are now up above

The beautiful flowers
With their sweet scent of perfume
The snow in the winter,
The sun and the moon

The rolling hills
and fields of green
I stop and stare
On a gate I lean

Today of all days
I sit and I think
Of you, so loved so missed,
and our strongest link

My beautiful mum
In heaven you now sit
As we all look skyward
Our hearts in bits

This is all
we have of you
Dean, Neil, Hayley,
This is the role call

Me and Dawn
And Nick, that's it?
No mum, never is 'that' just it!

You created a family,
We all are you,
We love, we cry
And we all miss you

Your legacy continues
With grand kids galore
You held and kissed them
And now there are more

Archie, Arthur
They know of the star
Archie points up
" that's Nanny Sheila"

Never will we
Stop missing you mum
You were and are
NO.1 MUM


Geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment