Tuesday 12 February 2013

Shhhh! It's Not Raining

Hello Blog lovers.

Can you believe it! No rain, no snow, in fact it feels pretty good outside, apart from a bit chilly, but it is winter time! I offered to help out with the beginners again, and why not. I love giving something back to my club, I love giving encouragement to all the new joggers and runners, and a huge bonus, is that it's extra training for me on a Tuesday. But I have told you all that before.

The beginners are already at week 5 and the routine for this session was 2 minutes walk and then 6 minutes run. "What happened to the 5 minute jog, have we skipped that week" I heard someone say.  But Kitman Mike assured them they were all capable of doing this weeks session.

Mike took group 1, the faster paced beginners, and then the other members were 'shared' between me Singstar Jo and Sherry, who were also helping out with the beginners again.  The ladies that I were with were definitely ready for a 6 minute jog, already warmed up with the warm up walking lap before hand they were power walking up the hill, where as I was straight out of my car, so not even thought about warming up! I was glad of the 2 minute power walk!

Four sets of 2 min walk/6 min jog, they ladies did brilliantly, every one kept up the jogging bits, and a couple of the ladies were always in front keeping the pace. Well done to all the beginners today! After it was straight to do my group 1 run, meeting at the rec.

First geeky stats for beginners run.
Our Illustrious leader was leading the group today, me and Singstar Jo were sweeping at the back.  There were a few missing faces, Kay had parents evening and poor J.J. has pulled a muscle! I hope you get better J.J.  Our route today was a nice easy route, with just one hill at the beginning, and that is Birchwood!  "For those who get to the top quicker then double back to the first lamppost to wait for the rest" said I.L.  But we all got to the top of the hill at the same time, but to 'lead by example' our Illustrious Leader took a couple of the others to the lamppost and then back to those who just wanted a breather after the hill.

Janet was doing brilliantly! She kept up with the group and there wasn't much of a split in the pack as there has been before. It just goes to show that she is improving all the time, and she did get a PB at the local ParkRun on Saturday! 

I can truly say that todays jogging sessions were just so much more pleasant than they have been for a while. I think everybody has been fed up with the rain and the snow, and the awful running conditions of late and this evening people have just gone out and just really enjoyed being outside without getting wet, and frozen.

I really did enjoy my two sessions as a Pettswood Runner member!

Geeky stats for my group 1 session

No comments:

Post a Comment