Wednesday 27 February 2013

Post HM Run!

Hello blog lovers.

Well, my last run didn't totally 'do me in' as I am here to tell the tale of yet another jog spot!  Ok, it was touch and go whether my legs divorced me, but after I promised them I shall not be running that distance again they decided to not to hurt so much today. (We shall deal with the marathon matter after!)

Todays little run was just to get my muscles working again, get them moving, stop them from seizing up  altogether. So what I used to think of as quite a distance when I first started jogging, 3 miles was going to be my little run.  The usual route, and a promise of doing another little run on Saturday, Park Run with Smarty Pants.

Although it is a work day for me, the fact that I have the Old Boy home suffering with 'Housemaids Knee' has given me an opportunity to get out for a nice sunny run.  I left my grandson with his 'chicken pops' and the Old Man with his gammy knee and went out into the chilly afternoon.

The tunes playing in my ears, was a nice distraction from my very tight ankles.  My legs seemed to have forgotten they ran 13.1 miles on Sunday.  But I kept it just nice and gentle.  No need to race around, that will be on Saturday, when I am going to be chasing my next PB.

I must say, it did feel good knowing that this is just a very short run compared to Sunday.  I even felt a little sad. Maybe I will add on a mile, rather than my 'other' thinking of doing less because I am old!  We sahll see.

Up the road to Southborough and then along towards any one of the roads that could make my run shorter or longer than what I had planned for when I left.  Parkfield Road was the first one. I could run down there and get home. Less than 2 miles, would it really have been worth tying my shoelaces for that distance? No. On up to the road.  The legs still feeling good, my ankles, however seem to be taking an age to loosen up.  there is always the next couple of roads that I could turn left at, keep it to a short recovery run.

Yet still, I ran on passed them.  The pub came to my right. "Well thats it Old Girl, Turpington is the next road you can go down" I smiled to myself. This Old Girl is a tough Old Girl. I can do this.  Running to Turp, and then Greenway. Listening to my music.  It's good being out. Another smile came to my face as I began remembering my last run. The last 3 miles in particular. (the pictures captured by the official photographers of that day,  if anyone wants to look at them,  can be found on the Tunbridgewells Harriers web site, heading Half Marathon, and click on the link there for photos from the event, then look up my number, which is 2581) I looked in pain. But now todays little 3 miler I was smiling.  I was very proud of myself though! Mighty Moosh!! Done it.

Running up Magpie hall lane. again with some shortcuts to take me home for an early shower (and then make biscuits with grandson) went by the by! I'm not quitting. If I have my running gear on, then my shortest ever run will always be 5k, unless of course I am helping out beginners, or friends that want me to jog along with them.

3.26 miles. No, it was not my fastest ever on this route, but that wasn't about todays run. It was just to loosen up the legs, keep the interest up, and train for the marathon (shhhhh, don't tell my legs though)

Geeky stats.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment