Tuesday 19 February 2013

Love My Club Jogs.

Hello blog lovers.

I just love jogging along with my fellow club members and also the possible new members from the beginners group.

The beginners group this evening were walking for 2 mins and then jogging for 8. In just a few weeks some of these beginners have gone from no jogging to being able to jog for nearly 30 minutes! That is a huge achievement! Well done to you all, and to Kitman Mike who does an excellent job of coaching them and keeping them jogging along.

There was only one hill for the beginners to do really, and the was Birchwood, but they all managed to do that no problem at all, and then the first of the 2 mins walk 8 mins jog finished just up the top of this hill! Perfect timing I thought! The group that me and Illustrious Leader were taking split into two. As I was in the front I took the faster of this group and Illustrious Leader took the others. What a complete turnaround for me to be in the front pack, leading!

After we got back to the beginning we had to go straight away to the rec to begin our group runs!  Singstar Jo was leading todays run. She explained the route, and tried to disguise Cardiac Hill as "with just one little hill"  It was when we got assembled together waiting for the off that she mentioned Cardiac Hill!  Still, it's good practise for me and Singstar as we have the TW Half on Sunday!

It was a very nice conversational pace run this evening, the group stayed together very well indeed. the first mile we all arrived together at the Off License, and all still being able to chat and enjoy what we have just done! Exactly what running is all about!

The next section is a little tougher, however, but to these group 1'er's it's a piece of cake!  We were going to go up Lynwood, this is a little undulating road, which I used to dread doing. But I wasn't that worried about it, of course, Cardiac Hill is yet to come, and that is worrying! 

It was a very good group 1 run today, nice pace for 'the week before' jog sessions thanks Singstar, just what we both need! I shall be doing one more jogging session and then I shall be resting up till the first of my big challenges this year.


Geeky stats for you. The first is the beginners, but please take no notice of anything after the 32 minutes, because I forgot to switch my Garmin off when I drove the short distance to the rec!

No comments:

Post a Comment