Thursday 19 May 2011

Whistle Down The Wind.

Hello bloggers.

Well, today I remembered that my running club were doing these extra work out days on a Thursday, until the August. I was quite pleased with my self for remembering!

It had been a lovely day all day, I was supposed to have met Nagging Sister earlier for a 1 mile jog, but, after today's workout I was pretty glad I didn't! The weather had turned slightly, a little chilly and a little windy. So long sleeves but, being clever I still put a vest top on underneath.

There wasn't many people there, and I'm sure I didn't recognise any from my group one, but I wouldn't let that affect me, this is a club training night, and we all stick together, at the rec. The coach said that he noticed that I right this 'ere blog, "I see you got a running blog Old Girl" he said, I knew what was coming next, it's what everyone says when they first see my blogs, (and its usually the last time they see my blogs) "They go on a bit!" he says! I think I should work on that. After all, my inches from my body are going down, I should try and trim my blogs!

So Coach says "We will run around the pitch twice as a warm up, off we go" and so we did. I was in the middle of the group, there must be at least 15 people here, but even before we started to take the first left they were all passing me. Their warm up was my fast running. Needless to say I was last back to the start point.

"Now for some dynamic stretching exercises" said The coach, he said that we were to run to the 'Crease' (which was roped off, before all you cricket fans take umbrage) We ran fast, I think, I cant remember now, oh yes, butt kicks! that was it, and then we did side steps to the 'crease' and back and then the other leg. And then he had us running backwards! I have trouble running forwards, yet here I was running backwards!

Then, after that, it was some lunches....no, nom no, I'm thinking food again, it was lunges, and squats to get our muscles ready for the torture. I think coach called it......'Interval Running!' Which consisted of, 1 min of fast running, 1 min of slow jogging, 1 min fast 1 min slow, 1 min fast then 3 min of slow jogging. I could have that all wrong by now. All I could remember was coach and his whistle! When we hear the whistle then we run fast, them slow then fast. etc.I heard it, I heard the whistle go. The first few times I knew what I was doing, but after that I had to watch what the others did, whether they slowed down or ran fast, and if in doubt, I breathlessly said "Fast?" and them given the answer. I am sure Coach was blowing his whistle half way through the slow paced minutes.

The pitch that we run around is about 800 metres, I'm sure that's right, but the runners all lapped me, AT LEAST TWICE the fitter runners must have lapped me at least six times, at least, I think, I stopped counting after that. Its a good job we were staying in the ground, because I would be totally lost if we were running through the streets or woods.

One young lady did give me false information, towards the end. She told me that "this is the last fast minute, them its done" But we still had one more rep to do! I was exhausted. And it just shows me how ..... mmmmm, not as fit as as the others I am. I was going to say unfit. But compared to this time last year, and this time two years ago, I am a lot fitter. So no putting myself down. Positive thinking!

Afterward the torture...sorry the interval running another chap was going to show us some stretches to do so that we don't hurt after or tomorrow even! He had us with our hands stretched out, 'pushing' side to side. I looked around and thought "The only thing missing was a Stone Henge type of structure in the middle of our cicle! It looked quite amusing really. What the general public thought would be interesting to know!

Wow what a workout, can't wait till next time! Yup, so hooked on this running cycling, keep fit malarky!

So all done. Now, lets check that I 'slimmed' down my blog......

Well, that deffo looks less inches to me!! Miracles can happen! I think I better stop now before it gets long again.

No comments:

Post a Comment